"Briana...", he paused before resuming. "Is-Is is about your dad, by any chance?", he chose his words cautiously.

Briana looked at him in pure shock!

She had no clue he had been thinking about it, forget about remembering anything she told him about her family. Honestly, Jake was shocked too on hearing himself sound so strange. Family topics were out of his league, but somewhere deep down, he connected with Briana when it came to family matters.

He knew about her crisis and she knew about his. So it was better if she could share it with him.

"What?-No, it nothing like that!", she shook her head vigorously.

"Then? Anything that I should know about?", he asked, circling around her

Briana sensed something strange about him. He was never the one to enquire about anyone's feelings and whereabouts. If at all, he just cared about his work being done on time. Then why was he acting all so strange around her?

"Can I ask you something?", she turned around to look him in the eye.

Jake gladly nodded, "Shoot!"

"Why are you asking me so many questions?", she narrowed her eyes at him. "Is there anything that I need to know? About the company? Meetings?....", she paused for a moment before saying, "About you?"

Jake was caught off guard for a moment. He didn't expect her cross examine him just like that. In that moment, Jake contemplated about why he asked her all those things in the first place?

Was he concerned about her?

Did he care for her?

Did something change between them?

Neither of them knew the answer to this question. But Jake was sure that she wasn't taking the leave to enjoy with her boyfriend. It was something more than that.

So without contemplating more about the things which just confused him, he nodded, "Leave granted."

"Thank you, Sir", with that said, she turned around and left.