31 - Home

a/n: Are you ready for a biiiiiiig one? This chapter gave me a weird sort of comfort, so have fun, comment and tell me what you think! 

_________________________________________________________________

"Oh I need to text Jo!", I realised and typed a message as Maya and Vic kept on making fun of everything. *Guess who's officially placed with Maya and Carina?* *That's so great! Told you to not give up!*, Jo answered quickly and I smiled to myself. *When are you off work?* I texted Carina now as I didn't know. * 6pm Bambina, want me to come to the station? Maya is on shift till 7 pm right?* "Uhm Maya you have to stay here till 7 right?" "Yeah, why?" "Carina asked if I want her to come over here, she is off at 6." "Yeah sure why not.I have to go on with reports, you can wait with Vic, yeah?" I nodded. *Yes Maya is here till 7, you should come over!* I texted and Maya went into her office leaving me with Vic who now sat behind the desk, I sat on one of the other chairs. 

"I like Ella better than Izzy." I laughed: "Me too. I don't know why I chose that name." "I'm surprised how good you are with lying, dude you told me that name when you were literally panicking in a burning building." I shrugged. "Yeah I don't know how I did that. All of that, I'm not that brave usually." "Oh hell yeah you are. Badass." I chuckled. "Thanks, I know I have to thank Maya and Carina for a lot but.. if you hadn't heard me." I swallowed hard thinking about it. "You know.." "Hey, that's my job. you were extraordinary, even running back into the smoke, Ella I freaked out at Maya when you went back in, did she tell you that?" I shook my head. "Yeah I blamed her for it, thought she shouldn't have given you the idea, but they found you, so it worked out." I nodded thinking about it. 

"I had pretty bad nightmares about it. ", I admitted now. I felt Vic looking at me but just stared down. "For like more than a week or something I didn't sleep, went through the apartment and unplugged all the appliances.", I chuckled. "Maya noticed and helped me with it. Walked me through how the fire started, how you put it out, everything." I smiled and looked up at her now. She had half a smiled plastered on her face. "Yep, our captain is pretty awesome. I've never seen her care so much before, you know. RIght when we had to leave you at the hospital, she couldn't think about anything else. When Carina told us and said you were gone, she was SO worried. She snapped at Carina for letting you go." "What? Carina couldn't have done anything, I wanted to go and I'm fast if I want to go, even when I am not supposed to be." "We know that now. What I'm saying is.. she cared and cares a lot and I am SO happy that you get to stay." "Me too.", I smiled. 

"You know I wouldn't be here now if you hadn't made me promise though?" She now looked confused. "That night. You and Maya brought me to their place and Maya went to get me some clothes. You made me look you into your eyes and promise to stay and let you help me get better. I really wanted to run, but I couldn't because you made me promise and then you made me do it again after I freaked out on you and locked myself in the room. I would have left that night if you hadn't made me do that." There was a pause of silence between us. "Wow I never knew I was that convincing." She made me laugh. "Yeah and look where we are now.". "I should make Travis promise me stuff next." "It might only work on disadvantaged orphans though.", I added jokingly. She paused for a second, obviously unsure whether she should laugh about it but she did and we both couldn't stop now. "Wow that was dark.", Vic finally said and I still chuckled. "I'm alowed to be dark." "You know you're our new fire house baby now?", Vic laughed suddenly. "Uhhm no that's Pru!" "Oh no but you are too." "I'm fifteen!" "Yeah exactly, a baby.", she said and squished my face. "Well you're all definitely acting like old people." "WHAT, rude! Why would you say that?" "OH you know, just nosy as f... and all, I mean come on, I can't even bring a friend here." "Ohhh you mean your 'best friend'". I shot her an annoyed look. 

"See!" Vic held up her hands. "I'm just saying.", "Yeah you all have guy friends, why can't I? You and Travis, Maya and Jack,.." I wanted to go on but she burst out laughing. "That's the worst examples you could have given." "Why?" "Well Travis is gay and Maya and Jack.. well." "Wait WHAT?", my eyes widened and just in that moment the door to Maya's office opened and she came out. I stared at her and Vic looked like she been caught. "What is it with you two, you know how loud you are?" "You and Jack?", I asked shocked. She now stared between Vic and I ending with a deadly look towards Vic who stopped laughing now. ""She brought it up!", she tried to get out of this. "How would she possibly bring that up?" "Uhm I kind of did? Wanted to make a point that I could be friends with a guy and brought you up as an example.", I chuckled. ""Well.. yeah.. bad example." "Wait but.. you and Carina.. i mean you're . .you .. like girls don't you?" "Oh she did men too.", Vic explained now and Maya shot her another look. "Oh .. okay. .sorry. Wow you and Gibson, anything else I should know?" "No.", both Maya and Vic said now. "Oh that sounded like yes, but okay." I laughed. "However, maybe you can stop the Ty and I rumour now, thanks!", I smiled angelic and Maya shook her head ."I cannot leave you with her for half an hour!", she blamed Vic again. "What can I say we had a good talk.", she shrugged and I nodded.