22 - Saturday

Thankfully Maya didn't make such a big deal out of that night. The following days actually seemed like we were getting into a routine and after another, not quite as bad nightmare I had a full night's sleep leading up to Saturday which was today. I wanted to meet up with Ty later though I hadn't really spoken to either Carina or Maya about it and I knew I had to. Maya had to work and Carina was home but on call so I woke up to the smell of french toast. Good start to the day, I thought to myself and got out of bed. "Morning.", I greeted her and joined her in the kitchen. "Ahh good morning bella, right on time!", she was glowing as always. "How are you always so.. perfectly put together and happy.", I laughed and sat down at the counter. "Haha bella, not always but I try to see the good and what isn't good about food and a free day?" "You're right, it's a good day, especially because you made me breakfast.", I smirked. We sat down together and ate then. "Uhm I've got a question.", I finally referred to what my plans for today were. "Yes, what's the question?" "So.. I kind of wanted to meet up with a friend later, that's okay right?" She was taken a bit by surprise, I could see that, but quickly found her words. "Uhm yeah bambina I don't see a problem with that! Do you need me to drop you off somewhere? I need to tell Maya though so she knows too, ya?" "Yeah sure. We haven't really talked about where we would meet or what we'd do so, can I just tell you later? I wanted to ask if it's okay first before we plan anything." "No that's absolutely fine! What's your friend's name? You can invite her here too if you want!" I bit down on my lip. "Uhm his name is Ty, or actually it's Tyler but I call him Ty." "Ah oh uhm yeah okay, he is .. just a friend?" I immediately blushed like when Maya hinted towards something like this. "Yes, yes! We've been friends for a long time, we're just friends." "Okay, but you know I wouldn't be mad if you weren't ... just friends." "Uhm yeah no I know no we are though." "Bambina you are blushing, it's all good I'll drop it! Different topic: How did you sleep?" "Actually it was my first night without any nightmares.", I announced proudly. "Oh yay I am glad!" "Me too. I'm gonna text Maya and tell her." "Do that, she will be happy to hear it!"

"Do you have your phone on and with you?" "Yes Carina, I told you!" "Just making sure, when I get called in I'll text you and you have to call Maya to pick you up or head to the station, yes?" "Yes you told me that already, I'm literally just hanging out with a friend, you need to relax." She looked at me sternly now. "I am relaxed, one last thing, here you can get yourself something to eat or drink or whatever you want to do!", she held out her hand with 20$. I eyed her. "You don't need to give me that." "I want to, it's more fun if you can get yourself something and I know you won't ask us so: Take it!" I bit my lip, she looked at me seriously and I took it. "Thank you, I'll get you back the change!" "No bambina, I don't want to see any change. Now go meet your friend." "Thanks Carina," I leaned in and gave her a quick hug before I hopped out of the car, I already saw Ty and ran towards him, hugging him before we took off. We didn't have any plan what to do, as usual we were just happy to spend time together and talk. So we headed to the park and went for a walk there, got us some ice creams and finally sat down. "My par.. Kathy and Tom would like to have you over for dinner soon!" "Ty you can call them your parents, you know that right," He chuckled. "Yeah I know it just feels weird when I'm with you, you know cause we never had that." "I know. And I guess I could come over some time, but .. won't they like.. want to know where I'm staying and stuff? What have you told them about me?" "Ella! I would never get you in trouble, you know that. I just told them I knew you from foster care and that we had lost touch but were close, you can just tell them that you're staying with a foster family." "Yeah.. no I know you wouldn't get me in trouble, I'm just .. careful. And I kind of just realised that I haven't been as careful these past days." "What do you mean?" "I mean that I almost got used to staying at a home where I have food and nice people. I'm staying with someone who is literally employed by the city while I am fucking running away from another system in the city." "You said they were cool and understanding, I think it's the best that could have happened to you." "Yeah but what if.. what if it isn't anymore?" „Ell.. you need to stop thinking this way. You're okay right now. They seem cool and you'll always have me!" "I know.. I am SO glad I've got you, I was feeling really alone you know." "Yeah what is up with that? I mean I've been at that school for a week and I have more friends than you do." I shrugged. "You're not trying to be lowkey.. you're not constantly hiding something." " I think you're overthinking this Ella, you can have friends and still have things you don't tell them." I shrugged. "Well I've got you now." "You do and we can hang out with some people together some time." "Whatever." "You're putting up walls again." "And you're annoying." He laughed. "I just know you, don't do it, I know how to handle you when you do that but not everybody does." "Not everybody needs to."