-2-

I jump at the knock on my door.
"Yeah?"

Izzy comes in. I can hear his friends talking in the background as Izzy asks "we're gonna play a drinking game, you in?".

"Uhm, give me a second" I mutter while closing my notebook.

"Gotcha" Izzy leaves and closes the door.

Should I play with them? My assignment is due tomorrow but when I moved here I promised myself I wouldn't let schoolwork stand in the way of having a good time. Sometimes I feel like I missed out on the 'highschool experience' so I have something to make up for.

I decide to join them. So I grab some kneehigh socks, it's colder in the livingroom, and walk out my door.

I am greeted by an already tipsy Duff who cheers "Syl! Hey hey, you're on my team!" I smile at him and wait for Izzy to introduce me to the three strangers on our couch. He does.
"Guys, this is our roommate, Sylvienne".
"Syl" I correct him.
"Syl" Izzy nods.
Then he point at a redhead with very defined facial features who's wearing a loose tanktop. "This here is Axl". The redhead grinnes at me "Axl Rose, pleasure".
I return the smile.
"This is Steven!" Izzy continues, pointing at a guy with messy blonde hair and a kind face.
"And that is Slash... or Saul" Slash or Saul is a guy with a wild set of dark curls and a nosering. He is just taking out a cigarette and doesn't seem to notice Izzy is talking about him.

"Hey fucker" the Axl guy turns to Slash, "are those my Malboro's?".
Slash shakes his head and his curls bounce around.
"Nah, man. These are my own"
"Then where did mine go?"
"Fuck if I know... you wanna borrow one?"
"Uhg, yeah I guess".

Slash and Axl disappear to the balcony which created some room for me in the couch.
I sit next to Steven who starts asking me about what I study and how I like it in LA. He's really easy to talk to.
Meanwhile Duff and Izz prepare the drinking game. It's the one where you have to pull cards out one by one, without breaking the circle.

After a couple minutes Axl and Slash come walking back into the room smelling like smoke. I make way for them on the small couch and they toss themselves next to me. I am now plastered between Steven and Slash.

Izzy explains the rules to us all.

It's no use. Before I can even get a turn Steven breaks the circle and ends the game early. This means he has to drink and he takes a shot of vodka.
We try a couple more times but these guys aren't careful enough for this game and shots are taken left and right.

"This isn't gonna work" I laugh as Axl takes his third shot.
"What'd'you suggest then?" Duff asks me, slurring his words a little.
I look around the room.
"Truth or Dare?".