part 105: one of a kind

Comenzar desde el principio

After a minute underwater, you resurfaced, letting out a deep sigh of relief. You felt amazing! A pleased purr rumbled in your throat, you decided to swim a bit more in the refreshing waters, relishing in its warmth.

"How do you feel now?" Pearl called from her spot near the stairs that led into the pool. You replied by finally giving a genuinely jovial smile to her. "As good as new!" You called happily, doing a quick barrel roll as if to demonstrate.

Pearl chuckled, pleased at your joy. Cheerfulness truly was a good look for you.

After rolling a few times, you swam your way over to pearl, almost like a joyful dog, complimented by the smile that pulled at your muzzle. You pulled yourself up onto the edge, walking a few paces away from pearl to shake yourself off. "Rose truly is something else. Creating flowers and healing." You chuckled to yourself, walking back over to pearl, and laying down beside her, admiring the sight before you. "She truly seemed to be an amazing gem."

Pearl chuckled softly. "She certainly was." She plucked a rose from the water and twirled it in her fingers. "No other gem but her would be generous enough to fill a whole fountain with her lacrimal healing essence." You tore your gaze away from the statue's face to look at the pearl in confusion. "Lacrimal?"

"Tears," Pearl spoke softly, not taking her eyes off the blossom in her hands. "Rose had healing tears that came from her gem."

Your eyes widened. "R-Really..?" You stuttered, feeling oddly startled. "So this..." your gaze fell back down to the water, your pupils scanning the rippling surface. "All of this is... tears?"

Pearl nodded. "She had a very deep, genuine love for everything on earth, (name)." She explained with a soft, daydreamy tone. "That involved feeling great sorrow for those that were hurt."

"O-oh." You knew you shouldn't be too surprised, but you couldn't deny that you were impressed. From what you've seen, gems don't think very highly of earth or its inhabitants. Lapis had no qualms with using nearly all of earth's water just to try to get back to her home planet. And most corrupted gems, except for Centi, are too disoriented to try and see earth's appeal, and only see its lifeforms as prey.

...but then here's Rose Quartz, crying a whole fountain just to heal the creatures of a planet that wasn't even hers.

"Wow..." you didn't know what to say. You just peered down into the rippling pink surface, seeing the faint gleam of your eyes in your reflection. "She... truly was a one-of-a-kind gem."

Pearl chuckled softly.

"Just like you, (Name)

"Just like you, (Name)."

You flinched subtly as you felt pearl place the pink blossom on your head. "Oh, Umh... Thanks, pearl." You said modestly.

You sit there for a few minutes more, taking in the pink sanctuary one final time before rising to your paws and hooves with a grunt. "Well, (name) should get back to the beach house before Steven and Spinel get back." However, before walking toward to warp, you took a moment to press your face gently into pearl's.

" However, before walking toward to warp, you took a moment to press your face gently into pearl's

"Thanks again for bringing (name) here to heal." You purred gratefully. "(Name) appreciates it."

For a moment pearl tensed up. You didn't give nuzzles to pearl often, since you knew that she was still quite apprehensive with you and didn't exactly favor being touched by just anyone, let alone a corrupt gem. But, she was surprisingly quick to return the gesture, resting her cheek against your muzzle. "It's... the least I can do for you." Pearl smiles sheepishly. "You've done so much for us already."

You smiled in return. "It's (Name)'s pleasure." You purred, nuzzling her for a few seconds more before pulling away. "Now, let's go." Turning towards the direction of the warp pad, you beckoned pearl to follow. "(Name) wants to make something for Steven and Spinel for when they return."

"Yes! Of course!" Pearl spoke up after a pause, speedily making her way up to your side.