double, please

I finally get some good shots of them after twenty minutes "I say do one of each" Paige suggests.

I nod my head and get Dannys shot first. He looks directly in the camera "I'll get some side shots over here of you with them" Paige says getting her camera ready "Jake you next" Danny and Jake swap places.

I finish the rest of the shots but Josh wasn't feeling it anymore so I just got Sam, Jake and Danny. Paige and I roll up the back drop "Send me those pictures" I say bringing her into a hug "I will, thank you for having me again" We say our goodbyes.

I look over to the guys who are already out of their clothes and back in lounge clothes "I think today was a productive day" Danny says grabbing beers for everyone, except me, as we gather around the table "Lia do you want a drink? I can make something" Sam offers sweetly "A margarita would be great" I say bashfully "Alright only for you, it's on the house" He says as he gets up and starts making my drink "Dan, can you bring me my laptop please?" I ask.

He walks down the hall and comes back with my laptop in hand. I start transferring the pictures to my laptop. I check my email to see an offer from a big art program that also works with photography.

The email says they have seen my work recently and were looking to hire me on. I look more into the email to see that the pay is more that what i'm getting paid now "Ophelia?" Danny calls on me "Yeah?" I say flustered from the email "Sam asked if you wanted double or single for your drink" He says putting a hand on my leg under the table "Double, please" I say as I close my email and shut my laptop for the night.

Josh looks over to me quickly "Weren't you gonna-" "It can wait until tomorrow" I smile trying to change the subject. It might not seem like a big deal but it is. I've dreamed even getting into the program let alone working for it. Would it really be worth leaving my friends.. my boyfriend for it? My phone goes off seeing a text from Paige, she sent me the shots she got today.

I pass my phone to Danny "Look at that!" Danny says showing everyone "I love it" Sam says bringing my drink. I take a few sips out of it "I'm going out for a cigarette" Sam says "I'll go with you" I tag along and we walk outside.

"Can I get one?" I ask and he hands the pack over "Didn't know you smoked" He takes the pack of cigarettes back "Usually I don't but I think I deserve one" Sam lights it for me and I take the first puff.

It goes quiet between us as we smoke our cigarettes "I got a good offer... for my photography" I say letting the smoke out of my lungs. Sam looks over to me as I rest my arms on the balcony of the apartment "And that means what?" He asks "It would be more pay that i'm getting now, It could be something that gets my name known" I tell him putting out my cigarette.

Silence fills the air, that says enough "Not only would I be in the program I would be working for it Sam-" "That's besides the point lia.." He voice comes out quietly, hurt "The fact you would hesitate about it, you thought about leaving!" He raises his voice slightly "What if all of a sudden you guys had an offer bigger than the one you guys already took? you wouldn't think twice?" I ask him and he goes quiet

"But you would leave Danny?" He asks still smoking on his cigarette "We could do long distance-" "How would that work with tour? when we are constantly moving place to place?" That's enough to make me go quiet. Sam flicks his cigarette over the balcony and walks back inside slamming the door.

I sit out on the balcony with tears clouding my vision. I wipe my eyes and walk back inside.