goin' home

three weeks later.

"we get to go home we get to go home!" I chant as I walk down the hall with my bags "How long has it been for you?" Jake asks brushing past me quickly "About 3 years I think?" I tell him not exactly sure "And you're sure you feel completely fine?" Josh asks as he puts his hands on my shoulders "Yes I am one hundred percent" I honestly was.

My recovery went well and we finally get to start tour again in our hometown. "Bus will be here in five!" Sam shouts from the music room. I make my way in there to see him putting jakes guitar and his bass in their cases "Need help?" I lean up against the door way "Actually yeah could you grab my bag from my room?" I nod my head.

I grab his bag and set it with mine on the couch as he comes through with their instruments in their cases "Daniel, bus is here" Josh says knocking on his door and Danny comes out with his bags in hand and the biggest smile "We got everything?" He asks as he ghosts his hand on my back as he walks past me "Yeah i think so" I put my backpack on. Jake comes back from outside "Alright let's get this show on the road" He starts taking everything he can and loads it up in the bus and we follow along.

a few hours later.

"Are you nervous to go back?" Jake asks quietly from beside me. Dannys in his bunk, Sams passed out on the couch and Josh is also in his bunk which leaves me and Jake. I look at him and shrug my shoulders

"Not really, it's not like i'm gonna see my parents or anything" I mess with my nails "No siblings?" I shake my head at his questions "That's why I cherish the moments between you all because I never get to experience that you know?" I tell him "Even after your time with us it up, we will be here for you" Jake says putting his hand over mine.

I smile to myself and get up to get my camera "I actually got an email from my boss the other day" I smile even wider "My boss said that some of your team reached out and wanted me to with you guys full time" I look over to him and he has a big open smile. I get a picture of him like that.

 "Really what did you say?" He asks excitedly "I haven't finalized anything yet, I still need some time" Jakes smile falls a bit "It's not anything to do with you guys, not at all, it's just my job

I would still be employed with them and thats what's keeping me" I tell him as I put my camera down and sit next to him.

He looks over and shakes his head lost in thought "We see our manager when we get to frankenmuth and I can talk to him about it" He offers me. I nod my head and smile. Josh walks out with his hair in a wild mess. I motion to his hair and he laughs and pats it down as he walks to the drink area in the buss "Are you gonna tell him yet?" Jake whispers. I shake my head no and he nods knowing why.

I walk back towards the bunks and shut the door behind me. "Danny.." I shake him gently and he puts his hand on top of mine "I wanted to wake you before it gets too late" I say softly "What time is it?" He asks turning over looking at me with his eyebrows creased "About eight" I smooth some of his curls down.

He yawns and stretches in his bunk which is somewhat small for him since he's the tallest. I laugh at him as he hits his hands on the top of his bunk. "Sam had asked about.. us? I guess, he was curious" He tells me as he gets up and walks to the bathroom.

He swishes his mouth out with mouthwash after his nap. I smile at him doing so "What did he ask?" I ask curious myself  "Just if we were happy when we spend time together and he said that we could be good for each other" He tells me as I jump up and sit on my bunk.

I let my legs hang down and Danny stands in between them with his hands on my hips "What do you think?" He asks "I think Sam's right" I smile down at him and put my hands on his cheeks "I think i'll take that kiss now" I tell him as he reaches up and places his lips on mine softly. We pull away and Danny helps me down from my bunk and we join everyone in the rest area.

I have my head rested in Dannys lap as we are all laughing and talking amongst each other. Jake nudges my leg giving me a knowing look. I sit up and bring my legs up to sit cross cross. It's me, Jake and Danny on one couch and then Sam and Josh across from us.

"I have some news" I tell them all. It goes a little quiet between us "I got an offer from y'all's team to photograph for you guys full time" I get smiles from Danny, Sam and Josh "But.." "Awh come on man! there's always buts!" Sam says rubbing his face "But!... I'm looking into getting hired directly through the team, not through my old job" I finish "So you'd be officially working for greta van fleet and their team?" Danny asks "yeah basically" I say shrugging my shoulders "Well I think that sounds amazing, congratulations" Josh says nodding his head down.

Danny brings me under his arm "I'm proud" He whispers as he bring me in for a hug. Sam gets up "This calls for drinks" He says as he starts going through the mini fridge "You guys can, i'm going to bed" I say getting up from my seat. I see Danny follow me and shuts the doors to the bunks behind us. I get in my bunk and face him "I mean it, i'm really happy for you and proud" He says putting a hand on my side "Thank you" I whisper and plant another kiss on his lips "I'll see you in the morning" He says then walks out shutting the door behind him.