not the best start

A/N- big time jump! -m 🫧

Two months later

This wasn't a good start to tour. The boys got about four or five shows in and then Jake and Josh got sick... then I got sick.

it was a long bus ride back home with 3 sick people and the other two trying to not get sick. "Josh are you feeling okay?" I ask from my bunk on the tour bus. I reach for Josh on the top bunk above me "I'm feeling a little better actually" He pats my hand.

"Ophelia you need to take this" Sam shouts from the rest area up front on the bus "Do you need anything?" I put my hair up and look over to Josh "A long long nap" He says turning over. I pat his head and shut the door behind me letting him sleep.

I stand there and look at Sam and Danny sitting on the couch in the bus "I feel horrible" I tell them and Sam throws me the bottle of medicine "Take that for your fever and take this" He throws another box of pills at me "For your cough" He finishes and throws a bottle of water at me "Can you stop throwing shit at me? Jesus fuck" I snap at him.

I put a defensive hand up "Sorry" I take all the pills and chug the water and sit down across from Sam and Danny. They both look over to me worried especially Danny "Dan i'm fine-" I take a deep breath in and out trying to catch my breath "Sure" Sam says wanting me to cut the bullshit. Danny opens one of the storing compartments, grabs a blanket and puts it over me. He puts a hand on my forehead "You're burning up" He takes his hand back and sits next to me "Danny I don't wanna get you sick-"

"Oh shush" He cuts me off and pats his lap. I rest my head on his lap and he runs his fingers through my hair. Jake opens the door that divides the bunker from the rest area and walks out with his hair in a big mess, dressed in sick attire like sweat pants and an old shirt and plops himself on top of me.

"No Jake come on" I say pushing him off and he lands on the floor and just groans in his place. I laugh for the first time in days and that follows with a cough that takes my breath away.

Danny hands me my water and I sip on it. Jake moves my legs and sets them on his lap as he sits at the end of the couch. He adjusts the blanket and puts it over my feet. I look down at him and smile  thankfully.

"Just a few more hours till we get home, then you're going to the doctor" He says pointing a finger at me. I don't even argue. He was right, I looked and felt like shit, I needed to go in as soon as possible.

"How do you feel Jake?" I ask as I scroll on my phone "Not too bad actually" He says looking at his phone as well. Victoria by the Kinks comes on the radio and fills the room with its tune and before I know it Jake and Danny change the name to Ophelia and start singing to me "You guys are adorable" I say looking up at Danny and over to Jake.

Sam comes through with his bass in hand and starts playing for us. I start humming a little melody just to carry the tune and beat for him "I like that it's nice" Danny says looking at me I smile at him.

It was almost dark and we just got back to Josh's apartment. I take my luggage and throw it on my bed causing me to lose my breath.

I let out a cough and throw myself on my bed "Hey you okay?" Josh asks peaking his head in "Yeah i'm fine" I continue to look at the ceiling "Can I talk to you?" He asks leaning up against the door way "Yeah" I say still trying to catch my breath. "You know how we said a couple of months ago we'd take a risk?" He says talking about us "I don't know if i wanna do that now" He tells me nervously "Josh that's completely fine because I was thinking the same thing" I sit up and face him.

He lets an exaggerated sigh of relief out "Thank god" He says plopping himself on the bed like I did. I look back at him with a smile and he laughs. "You know I see the way Danny looks at you" Josh mentions "Are you trying to set me up with your best friend?" I laugh "They sometimes call me match maker" He shrugs his shoulder.

I shake my head and walk to the music room to see Sam in there "Are you feeling okay? you're not feeling sick are you?" I ask as I sit on the couch keeping my distance "I'm fine lia trust me" He waves me off and I give him a hug before I walk out of the room.

I go to the kitchen and open the freezer to see popsicles in there. I swear to god i have the maturity level of a 6 year old. I hop up on the counter and eat my popsicle "How old are you 5?" Jake asks coming through scratching his head "Yeah and you look like a bum, deal with it" I say with a mouthful.

Jake grabs himself a popsicle and sits next to me on the counter "Thanks for getting me sick, it's really fun" I say messing with him. He felt really bad about getting me sick "Kidding" I nudge him. Danny walks in and stops in his tracks "At this point it's like I have children" Danny says hopping up on the counter across from me and Jake.

I smile to myself and glance over to Danny who's laughing at Jake "Fuck, I dropped my popsicle" He says with a mouthful and laughs. I hop down "Good luck with that, I'm going to bed" I say giving Jake a side hug and making my way to my room for the night.