fleet

"Greta Van Fleet. You leave in two days" My boss tells me as soon as I walked through the doors. "I'm- i'm sorry what?" I say laughing and catching up to him as if he's not serious.

He stops dead in his tracks and I almost run into him "You'll be with them all this year for their tour, you'll be their photographer... because that's your job" He says being a smart ass and walks away without me being about to intervene.

I walk up to his office "So does that mean I get to go back home and pack?" I ask peaking my head in his office "Yeah whatever go" He says waving me off. "Yes!" I whisper to myself and walk out the doors of the office.

"Yeah it was really weird, like boom all of a sudden i'm Greta Van Fleets photographer" I tell my friend Caela who's still at the office

"I would give anything to go with you" She tells me over the phone "I gotta go! i'm getting another call! love you!" I tell her hanging up and answering the other call "Hi is this Ophelia?" A man asks "Yes this is she" I say zipping up my packed suitcase "Hi This is Matthew I'm apart of Greta Van Fleets team and I just wanted to run some things by you before you start in the next couple of days" He tells me.

He goes into detail on what my job is and what I have to accomplish as far as the photography part. He also tells me that I will be with Jake, Josh, Sam and Danny almost all the time. Interviews, shows, and everything else. It's just the same as last Jobs I was put on. I've toured and photographed for a few other bands and it's quite the same. The call ends and I take my suitcase and put it by my apartment door once i'm ready to leave. I'll be gone yet again for a while.

two days later. Friday.

I just landed in Nashville after a long day of flights. The show starts at 9:00 tonight and then we will go from there. I look at the time to see is already 8:00 "Shit shit shit" I mutter under my breath as I open the door to my hotel room and make my way in. I throw my suitcases on the bed and quickly put a better outfit on. A flowy glitter jumpsuit and a pair of black heels is what I put on with my rings and necklaces to complement it. I throw what I need in my backpack and start making my way to the venue so I still have time to set my camera up.

I go through the back entrance of the venue and find the dressing room with my name on it. I was on my phone and all of a sudden I bump into someone "Oh gosh I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention i'm sorry-" I stop and look up at the man "Wait.. are you Danny?" I ask putting my phone in my back pocket "Yeah? I hate to be rude but we have to go on soon and I have to get goin-" He starts saying "Im your new photographer" I say laughing and following him to the stage "Wait really?" He asks as we walk together "Yeah! I'm Ophelia it's nice to meet you" I tell him with a smile "We are happy to have you" He says with a pretty smile as we part ways and he makes his way backstage and I make my way to barricade.

I check my phone and it's 8:45 now and I feel someone tap on my shoulder "You're more than welcome to come backstage for better pictures" A crew member tells me "That'd be great!" I say and he guides me to the side of the stage "You can go back and forth from here to down there" He says pointing to where I was previously at he says with a smile and walks off. "Crash against wave upon wave..." I hear caravel start but with no instrumentals.

I'm actually a fan of Greta Van Fleet and all the other people i've photographed which makes my Job even better. The curtain falls and the fans go wild and blue and white lights fill the arena. I take a few pictures of the crowd and then put my main focus on getting good shots of them. I'm on Jakes side. I snap and shot of Jake from the side and check it but it could be better. I go front stage back where I was earlier and get a better shot of Jake and the lights turned purple just in time and the lights complemented his outfit.

They finished Caravel and went into heat above and the lights went to white

They finished Caravel and went into heat above and the lights went to white. I move over a bit and start trying to grab a picture of Danny but Josh keeps getting in the way "As they march to battle hear the drums pound" Josh sings and Danny hits his drums to the beat and turns his head a little and I take a picture of him. I look at the picture before saving it and he looks amazing.

I make my rounds and move to Sams side and I enjoy the rest of the song before taking more pictures

Sam notices me and gives a smile and a wave before they start performing when the curtain falls "Smoke em' if you got em'" Josh says before they start the song. Sams bass sounded amazing over here it was unreal, I took a picture of him in the lighter blue color of lights and he smiles knowing I got a shot of him, I save the photo and stay on Sam's side trying to get a picture of all of them from the side stage. I get Jake in a small cloud of smoke, Josh looking up with his hand out and the lights made his facial features look just ethereal,

 I get Jake in a small cloud of smoke, Josh looking up with his hand out and the lights made his facial features look just ethereal,

Danny had his head turned again towards me and he looks perfect again and I got a shot of Sam in the middle of playing his bass.

Everything was going perfect so far

A/N- welcome to wildflower days 🫧🫶🏼