I Do

A/N- This wedding is gonna be a copy of my uncles wedding, because I've only ever been to 1 wedding and it was similar to this. I understand other cultural weddings are different than Christian ones. I'm in no way trying to disregard that, I just didn't know what to put. Please forgive me, don't hate on me please.
-

7 months later...

The room was a mess of fabric and makeup bags, just as it had been for Sam and Emily's wedding. Lizzy sat on a chair, getting her makeup done while she fed her daughter.

"We're almost done!" Kim said excitedly, her emerald green bridesmaids dress swaying every time she moved.
Lizzy grinned as she looked at her dress that was hanging on the door. It was simple, yet gorgeous. Kim finished the makeup, then Lizzy took Sarah and gave her to Emily so they could get the dress on.

In just a few short minutes, she would be marrying her best friend. Leah and Angela helped straighten out the dress and fix her hair.
Lizzy looked beautiful. Possibly the most beautiful she'd ever looked.

"You ready?" Leah asked. Lizzy nodded. "Yeah, let's do this." She said. They opened the door, Sam and Embry stood out in the hallway, waiting for their sister.
"You look beautiful, Beth." Embry said. Lizzy smiled. "Neither of you let me fall." She pleaded softly. Nerves were eating away at her, despite being excited. It was normal to be nervous. "Never." Sam said. Lizzy linked her arms with her brothers, as they walked towards the door.

Their cue came and she took a deep breath and prepared herself. The doors opened, everyone gasping when they saw her. Lizzy's eyes found Paul and she only paid attention to him as they walked. Everyone else practically vanished.

When the siblings got to the front, Sam and Embry each kissed one of her cheeks and handed her off to Paul. "You ever hurt her and we're going to have some big problems. You take good care of my baby sister." Sam said quietly. Paul nodded, taking Lizzy's hand. "I will."

-

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here on this beautiful day to witness the union of Paul and Lizzy in holy matrimony. This is a day of great celebration and reverence, on which we come together before God to recognize and commemorate the sacred love and dedication shared between these two people.
It is wonderful to have family and friends here to join us today. The Groom and Bride would like to thank their guests for being here, and would like you to know that each of you were invited here on this day because you have played an integral part in their intertwining lives." The minister said.

"In the time that Paul and Lizzy have spent together, they've built the sturdy foundation for a lifelong relationship. After a great deal of thoughtful consideration, they have decided to bind themselves to one another for the rest of their lives.

May you all remember and cherish this sacred ceremony, for on this day, with love, we will forever bind Paul and Lizzy together... Who gives this bride today?"

Sam and Embry stood up. "We do." Sam said. "Excellent... If there is anyone in attendance who has cause to believe that this couple should not be joined in marriage, you may speak now or forever hold your peace." Lizzy and Paul looked around, daring anyone to intervene. Silence.

"Good.." The minister went on to the Sermon and Consecration, which nobody really paid attention to, but everyone looked alert.

"Paul and Lizzy , the sacred vows that you make to one another today present you with the opportunity to express your love in your own words. I would at this time invite you to publicly declare these vows:

Paul , you may begin."

"I, Paul , take you, Lizzy , for my lawfully wedded Wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or worse, for richer or poorer. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life, until death do us part. This is my solemn vow." Paul stared at her with nothing but pure love in his eyes.

"Lizzy , you may now make your promise." The minister said.
"I, Lizzy , take you, Paul , for my lawfully wedded Husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or worse, for richer or poorer. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life, until death do us part. This is my solemn vow."

"Paul and Lizzy please face one another and join hands. Under the eyes of God, Paul , do you take Lizzy to be your lawfully wedded Wife? By making this commitment, you are joining in the sacred covenant of marriage.

Do you promise to honor her in love, to be sensitive to her needs, to comfort her in difficulty, and to put your full and complete trust in her, so long as you both shall live?"

"I do." Paul squeezed Lizzy's hand.

"Under the eyes of God, Lizzy , do you take Paul to be your lawfully wedded Husband? By making this commitment, you are joining in the covenant of marriage.

Do you promise to honor him in love, to be sensitive to his needs, to comfort him in difficulty, and to put your full and complete trust in him, so long as you both shall live?"

"I do." She squeezed his back. "Very well. To commemorate this union, you may now exchange rings. The circle formed by each ring symbolizes your eternal love and commitment to one another. Let these rings remind you always of that love, and of the promises you have made here on this day.

Will each of you please repeat after me as you place the ring on your loved ones hand?"

"I, Paul , give you Lizzy this ring as a symbol of my love and commitment. With this ring, I thee wed." He placed the ring on her finger.
"I, Lizzy , give you Paul this ring as a symbol of my love and commitment. With this ring, I thee wed." She placed the ring on his finger and smiled.

"By the power vested in me, by the Universal Life Church and by by the state of Washington, I pronounce you, Paul and Lizzy as Husband and Wife, lawfully wedded before God.
Paul , you may now kiss the bride, forever sealing your union." Paul didn't hesitate to kiss his wife, he'd been waiting so long for this. Their family cheered and clapped loudly. Many happy tears were shed.

"Ladies and gentlemen, it is my pleasure to present to you Mr. and Mrs. Lahote!"
They broke the kiss and stared lovingly at eachother. "I love you Mrs. Lahote." Paul said. "And I love you, Mr. Lahote."