Sticking Snow

Of course life couldn't take a chill pill

Of course life couldn't take a chill pill. One of the Cullen's cousins saw Renesmee catching snowflakes and thought she was an immortal child.
So once again, the pack was brought into a potential bloodbath. Carlisle didn't want them to fight, but Lizzy decided to enjoy some normalcy while she still could.

On Christmas eve, Lizzy and Paul tucked Anthony into bed and waited until he was asleep to leave the room. "So what do you want to do now, Sunshine?" Paul asked as they made their way to the living room, shutting lights off as they went.

"I don't know.." they both grabbed a few cookies and left a bite in one of them, before unlocking the hall closet and placing all the presents under the tree. It was one of their smartest decisions yet.

"We could go upstairs." Paul suggested. Lizzy smirked at him. "What are you trying to get at?" She asked, faking innocence. "I'm saying, you look good in my clothes, but they'd look better on the floor." He mumbled, pulling her into him. She hummed and stared into those chocolate eyes she fell in love with. "What are we waiting for?"

When they got up the next morning, Lizzy threw on some clothes she had at Paul's and went downstairs to see Anthony bouncing with excitement as he looked at all of the presents.

Lizzy made coffee for herself while Paul got comfortable in his chair. Once she sat down, Anthony was given the green light to open the presents with his name on them.
He got some clothes and some things he wanted. After Anthony opened his, Paul grabbed the few presents with their names on it. The gifts were small and simple, but they loved them either way.

When presents were done, Paul cleaned up the wrapping paper. They ate breakfast at the house, but went to Sam's for dinner, since Emily had already started the night before.

Christmas came and went, as did Anthony's 7th birthday on the 29th. Soon enough the snow began to stick and they were almost out of time. The Uley pack spent as much time together as they could.
Truth be told, Lizzy didn't want to die. She didn't want anyone in her family to die. But she would gladly give her life for her tribe and she'd do it in every life, every universe, no questions asked.

The surplus of vampires entering Forks, caused more boys to shift, giving the pack numbers that Lizzy never expected to see.

As the snow fell, Lizzy laid in Paul's arms, silently praying the next day didn't end in a fight. They wanted nothing more than to keep eachother safe, they were in this together.
But they had to come home for Emily. For Kim. For Angela. For Anthony.

Aro and his army became visible and it was clear that they outnumbered the Cullens and their witnesses, Edward watched Aro as they walk towards them. "Aro's looking for Alice." Lizzy heard Edward say.

As Aro and his army got closer, the wolf packs came out to join the Cullens and their witnesses, Jacob in his wolf form came and stood next to Bella, Renesmee and Edward. Lizzy was at the front of the Uley pack, alongside Sam with Paul and Jared to either side of them.

Aro and his army stood in a line facing the Cullens and their witnesses, Carlisle walked forward. "Aro, Iet us discuss things as we used to. In a civilized manner." Carlisle said. "Fair words, Carlisle. But a little out of place, given the battalion you've assembled against us." Aro responded.

"I can promise you, that was never my intent. No laws have been broken." Carlisle defended. "We see the child. Do not treat us as fools!" Caius said. "She is not an lmmortal! These witnesses can attest to that. Or you can look. See the flush of human blood in her cheeks."

Lizzy zoned out and gave the pack a pep talk before throwing her minds walls back up so nobody could hear her thoughts of doubt and worry. She continued to ignore everything until Alice and Jasper arrived.

"My dear, dear Alice, we're so glad to see you here, after all." Aro spoke. "I have evidence the child won't be a risk to our kind." Aro looked at her with suspicion. "Let me show you." Alice extended her hand, and Aro motioned for his guards to let Alice go. Alice walked up to Aro and he took hold of her hand, as he read her thoughts.

The silence in the clearing was deafening as Alice showed Aro the vision. "Now you know. That's your future. Unless you decide on another course." Alice said. The whole thing was beginning to lean in their favor.

They brought out 2 more witnesses and Bella was assured she still had time with her daughter. Caius tried to find a reason to kill them, by calling the shifters 'werewolves'. Which was highly offensive to Lizzy, considering they don't howl at the moon. They could if they wanted to, but they don't.

The Volturi left and Lizzy let out a sigh of relief. She would have to go back to school in just a few days, and being dead would have kinda sucked. 

A/N- Sorry this is later than it usually is! I started writing it last night then I fell asleep and lost the whole chapter. So I had to start again when I woke up and it's taken me the last 4 hours because writers block said ✨hello✨

I hope the chapter was okay!

-A