Apple

The next day was hell for Lizzy. During early morning patrol she listened to Jake apologize for the things he said when she came to get some of her things from the house.
That was the next part of an already bad day. By the time that had rolled around, she'd already fallen out of bed and stubbed her pinky toe on the corner of her dresser.

It was definitely a Monday morning in her books. After her patrol was over, she entered the house smelling like wet dog. Lizzy went to shower and get ready for school, only for the power to cut out while she was in the middle of drying her hair.

"Fuck it." She mumbled, brushing out her half dried hair and doing her makeup in the light of a camping lantern, which she found in the closet.
Lizzy slid on her combat boots, not wanting her vans to get any dirtier, and began the walk down the stairs.

Sam stopped his little sister at the last step and checked over her outfit. "You're wearing that to school?" He asked, with his protective older brother voice coming out. She crossed her arms and looked up at him. "Yeah, I am. If the school has a problem with it, they can kiss my ass."

Lizzy pushed past Sam and grabbed her bag off the couch, exiting the house. Sam sighed and watched the younger girl attempt to dodge the raindrops as she dashed for her imprints truck.

-

"Where's Jared and Embry?" Lizzy asked as trees flew past the windows in a blur. "They're going together since 4 of us wouldn't fit in here comfortably." Paul responded, lacing his fingers with his imprints.

"We're going somewhere after school." Paul added after a minute of silence. Lizzy looked at him with a small smile. "Is this a date, Lahote?" He chuckled and briefly looked to her before looking back at the road. "Yeah. I mean.. if you want it to be." He responded nervously.

Lizzy squeezed his hand. "I want it to be. It'll be our first of many to come." She responded as they pulled into the school parking lot, whipping into a spot close to the front.
"Where are we going?" She eventually asked after realizing he never told her where. The rain had let up temporarily so they got out of the truck. "It's a surprise, Lizzy."

"What's a surprise?" Embry asked as he and Jared joined them. "Nothing." Paul responded before Lizzy could even open her mouth. Embry stared skeptically for a moment then let it go. They went to their first class, talking about random shit.

-

Lunch rolled around and Embry was giving Paul shit about going on a date with Lizzy. "I'm not gonna hurt her, dipshit! I literally can't without it hurting me too." Paul said for what felt like the millionth time. Embry threw a green apple across the large circular table, intending for it to hit the boys chest.

Instead it landed in his sisters hand, right in front of Paul's face. She tilted her head to the side and smirked at the shocked reactions. "That was fucking hot." Paul said out loud. Jared and Embry made a simultaneous gagging sound.

"I bet it was." Lizzy responded, lowering her hand and rolling it across the table. It hit Embry's tray with a light thud. "I swear you have the spidey sense or something." Jared said.

"Or something."