Prelude/ Birthday Shift

Jacob and Elizabeth Black.

Born just a day apart, celebrate their birthdays on Jake's birthday with their friends, then they relax on Lizzy's birthday.

While Jake was born January 14th 1990, Lizzy was born January 15th 1990.

If anyone were to ask, they'd say that they are twins. That's what they knew and nobody asked any further questions.

She had similar russet skin a couple shades lighter than Jake's, dark brown hair with lighter highlights throughout, and these beautiful forest green eyes that anybody could get lost in.

They were best friends. Inseparable. Embry, Quil, Jake, and Lizzy were all connected by the hip at school. They had most of their classes together.

Even if all of them weren't together, you'd see atleast 2 of them together at all times.

Of course that was before everything changed.

She started lashing out at random people and she grew 6 inches merely overnight. Taking her from 4'11 to 5'5.

- End of Prelude - Beginning Chapter One -

Elizabeth ran down the stairs and into her sleeping brothers room, jumping on him in his little twin size bed. "Happy birthday Jakey" she said in a sing song voice, earning a groan from the long haired boy.

"Five more minutes" he groaned as he pushed her off of him.

She landed on her ass but stood up smiling. "Nope" she said popping the 'p'. "We have things to do today Jake, so get your lazy ass out of bed before I go get the cold water again."

That woke him right up. He got up out of bed and pushed past her mumbling. A smirk of accomplishment was spread across her face as she walked into the kitchen where her father was sitting at the table in his wheelchair.

"Morning dad" she said giving Billy a kiss on the cheek.
"Morning sweetheart, got plans for today?" He asks the smiling teenager.

"Yeah, Jake and I are going to Quil's house like every year. Since its raining we're probably gonna watch movies and play video games. Going to Charlie's today?" She says/asks while she makes breakfast for the 3 of them.
"Yeah, be careful, roads are icy." He pauses when Jake comes out of the bathroom "happy birthday Jacob" he says.

"Thanks dad" Jake replies as he takes a piece of bacon off his sisters plate. She glares and takes a piece off of his, practically devouring her food in a matter of a couple minutes.

While they eat, she runs upstairs throwing on black leggings, a grey shirt, and one of the hoodies she stole from Jake.

She comes back down the stairs as Jacob is placing their dishes in the sink. She places all the dishes in one side of the sink, deciding to wash them later.

As she's sliding her converse on, Jacob walks into the room in a long sleeve shirt, jeans, and work boots.

Lizzy grabs the keys to her blue 1997 Chevy Silverado. Saying goodbye to their dad, they walk out the door, heading towards the home of Quil Ateara V.

-

Coming home the next morning ensured the roads had time to thaw out a little bit. The rare sunlight in La Push made the ice heat up enough to melt, even if it was freezing outside.

They walked in the door to find Harry and Billy sitting at the kitchen table talking.

"Hey dad, Mr. Clearwater" she said taking off her hoodie due to feeling overheated. She got a smile and a polite nod from Harry.