Kei resumed brushing her teeth after sending her reply to Jiro. Then, she walked out of the bathroom and sat on Daphne's vanity mirror for her rituals, while her best friend is still snoring. Kei just finished her bath, still wearing a robe and a towel on her head.

Daphne on the other hand was awakened due to the soft noises that Kei made. After living alone for almost a month now since Kei moved out, Daphne got used to silence so she became a light sleeper.

Daphne's pad is a one-bedroom studio that they shared before. Luckily for them, they get along very well. In such tight spaces, no matter how Kei tried to keep her movements as light as possible, it still creates small noises.

If this is some other time and if this is another person, she'll be annoyed. But knowing that it is Kei and seeing her friend in the same room once more gave her a feeling of warmth; she's not alone this time.

"Wow, it's only 9 am. No hangover?" Daphne commented after checking the time then she hugged her pillow tightly, still lazy to get up.

"I just finished two beer bottles last night, easy peasy," Kei replied proudly.

"How about you? Feeling better?"

"Yep. I already cursed them to the core."

Kei chuckled upon hearing her reply. They booked a karaoke room and drank and she let Daphne scream her heart out in the soundproof room.

Daphne didn't expect Kei to fly immediately to SG the moment she heard her cry last Saturday morning.

Kei was initially trying to contact Daphne for the favor of buying her cravings instead of personally asking Jiro to buy them for her.

However, when Daphne answered the call, she was unusually quiet and unenthusiastic. Noticing Daphne's indifference, she wondered if something was wrong and if she was okay. And the moment Kei asked those questions, the emotions that Daphne held in exploded, making Kei worried big time.

It was a rough week for her. She had an issue with her project that the client escalated to the board. They are falling behind schedule. Not her fault though. It was the supplier's shortcomings.

She had been raising her concerns, but her manager thought that it was not an urgent concern. Then the moment things got messier, she was the one who was forced to take the blame. Luckily, she had all the documentation needed to come out clean - hopefully.

With the pressure to resolve the issue, Daphne started detaching herself from the outside world. Not that it was her intention, but she became preoccupied with the issue on hand. She didn't even have time to process her emotions.

"Kei, thank you for coming here...I.."

"Ssshhh. How can I not come over when you cry like that." Kei consoled her then added, "Next time if there's something, never hesitate to call me, okay? I may not be able to fly directly here always, but I could make time for you no matter how busy my schedule is." She added with a gentle voice.

When she heard Kei's word, Daphne started to tear up again but controlled her tears. She could only hug her tightly and whisper, "Thank you. You coming here personally means a lot. I might not be totally okay yet but at least, I have already vented out."

"Duh, I know you would also do the same thing for me. You're my sister from another mother so this is no biggie." Kei rubbed Daphne's back gently as she continued to console her.

"As much as I don't want to send you off later just yet but I know you are busy as well. Okay, enough of me. What time is your flight? Afternoon flight?" Daphne tried to divert her attention and did not want to talk about her anymore.

"I took the evening flight because it's cheaper for a couple of bucks." Kei answered which made them both chuckle. And that statement alone made Daphne realized that her bestfriend made an exemption this time. She was touched.

"But looks like you're about to leave anytime soon. Have a date?" Daphne joked which she then received a silly laugh from her best friend.

And before Kei could answer, her phone vibrated which means she received a text.

Daphne as her curious self can't help but peep on Kei's phone, glancing at whom could it be.

"With the kind of smile you are having now and earlier, it could only be Nana or Doc Ji? Unless, you're seeing someone new?"

Kei thrown the brush to her bestfriend who's currently raising an eyebrow on her. "It's Jiro!"

"Ohh. So what's the status now?" Daphne intriguingly asked.

"Well, he is in Singapore right now and he wants to tour around before he goes home. I offered myself to be his tour guide. You can come with us if you want. He is going to fetch me at the company later. I will text him beforehand if you're coming." Kei then grabbed her phone, when Daphne intercepted.

"I'll just meet him once he becomes your boyfriend officially. I just had a rough week so I don't want to become the third wheel, okay? Go tour him around. As far as I remember, you are one of the best tour guides before. Make him fall in love with SG, and who knows... Fall in love with you too." Daphne recalled.

When they are still thriving fresh graduates in SG, they've been doing internships for free. And to earn a living, they applied as an online English teacher after their shifts and as tour guides during weekends.

After reminiscing, Daphne then proceeded to the toilet and once she walked out, Kei is already at the door, wearing her shoes. She's almost done prepping herself for her day's errand.

"I'll get going. Hopefully, the next time we see each other again is for a happy occasion. Update me when you can."

"Sure, sure. Take care, sis! Just call me if you two will be needing a room. I could offer this space." Daphne then giggled at her remark which made Kei throw the slipper she grabbed nearby to her best friend. "Say hi to Nana for me." Daphne added. Then she heard the door banged loudly.

Inside the elevator, Kei can't help but still worry about Daphne. She knows the risks of their job and the moment their project falls behind schedule, it will cost a lot.

But seeing that Daphne is already capable of making jokes, Kei's heartfelt more at ease. She's better than the Daphne yesterday at least.

She just had a mental note on herself to always check the people dear to her. They may have been busy with life as adults, but a simple "how are you" could mean a lot to someone.