"Whatever you say then, I trust you and you know what to do. But I don't want you to exert too much effort on someone who doesn't value you, got that?" Nana Lorns reprimanded while looking at her.

"So that's why your temperament changed earlier? You turned cold on him." Kei could only laugh at her Nana. "It's okay, Na. He said we'll talk about it soon, not on the phone."

Kei then started to change the topic and asked, "You still have a lot of things to tell me. What's with the sudden visit? I could have prepared your room properly. And now you are sitting here instead of sleeping in a more comfortable room."

After sensing her firm resolve, Nana Lorns decided to finally let go of the topic. She knows how stubborn her grandchild is just like her and when she decides on something, no one could stop her. It's just that, she can't help herself from worrying.

"I can sleep with you in your room. Why? You don't want me visiting you here? I could immediately book a flight back to Manila if you want." Nana Lorns replied acting aggrieved.

"Na, of course not! I missed you so I am really happy that you are here! It's just so sudden. I'm expecting you hmm next month?" She then hugged her tightly to coax her.

Nana Lorns just smiled and patted her head lovingly.

Kei continued resting on her grandma's lap for a while as if resting her burdens at work. Nana Lorns came just in time when she needed her the most. After having her fill, she then faced her Nana once more and asked, "So how long will you be staying here? So that I can adjust my schedule and maybe file a leave to tour you around."

"I will be visiting my high school classmate in Consolacion. I just found out that she moved here with her husband now that all their kids have gone abroad, so that depends."

"Oh. Lady. I thought you'd found a boyfriend here in Cebu that's why." Kei joked.

"Do you want your Papu to visit you later?" Nana does not give in without a fight.

“Papu, I was just joking, okay? Do you want me to accompany Nana there in Consolation to make sure that she didn't have a boyfriend? I can even file a leave of absence tomorrow if you want.” Kei said as if her deceased Papu is just nearby. Nana laughed adorably at her apo's silliness.

“No need. They will come to pick me up tomorrow. You need to work. You can fetch me during your time off instead. I'll be fine.”

“Okay, if that’s what you want then. When will they come over to take you? So that I can also greet them personally.” Kei then stood up to fix the bed so her Nana could rest.

"I think in the morning."

"Okay..." She noted and thought of her schedule for tomorrow as she made her bed. She probably will just wait for her Nana to be picked up before going to work. "There! And just our luck, it looks like Faye will just go straight to the office tomorrow from her province so feel yourself at home. I'll sleep on the couch."

"The bed could fit us two, just like the old times." Nana Lorns insisted.

After Kei finished making the bed, she immediately changed into her jammies while her Nana also did the same and they finally rested on it.

The two made a few checks on their phones first before placing it on the bedside table.

Kei snuggled in Nana's arms as she sniffed her natural scent. They stayed that way for a long time before Nana Lorns spoke, "Elise, I messaged Daphne before I decided to come here to ask about your exact address, but I did not receive any response from her. How is she by the way? Is she very busy?"

Nana asked worriedly. Daphne has been a good friend to Kei so she treated her as good as a granddaughter too.

"We were just chatting yesterday..." Kei replied nonchalantly. "Wait. Let's try calling her. She'll be surprised to see you here. And maybe envious."

Kei grabbed her phone from her side table and then started dialing Daphne's. To no avail, Daphne's not picking up so she tried calling again.

Kei checked the time. It's only 9:12 pm. Too early for Daphne's bedtime on a weekend.

"Is she asleep already? Or she's out?" Kei commented. She gave up and put her phone down. "Anyway, let's just try calling her tomorrow. Maybe she's busy. We better sleep now too. Good night, Nana. Love you."

"Wow. It's either Jiro is a good influence boyfriend or he's not really your boyfriend yet at all. You sleep early." Nana commented jokingly. Then, she closed her eyes and offered a short prayer before calling it a night. "Good night, apo."

Kei then felt a kiss on her hair and a caress on her arms. She could only think of one word at that moment...

HOME.