Chapter 6 : Maya's Dilema

Maya's POV

I notice a sudden silence fall behind me,

"Maya I really don't think-" Farkle says about to make another highly disagreeable statement about the movie.

"Shh" I say hushing him, looking over to Riley and Lucas. I look back and can't help but feel a little...jealous?

The guy I like Josh never even gives me a glance, I mean he acts like his dropping hints at times, then others he wants absolutely nothing to do with me, why should Riley get what she wants, but not me. I mean I did all the work for her, and .

Quit it Maya, Riley is your best friend, be happy for her. I shake myself out of it and turn back to the screen.

But there's still hope for Josh and I.....

Right?

*******************************************************************************

Riley's POV

I woke up in the morning eager to get to school, having texted Lucas all night I couldn't wait to see him.

I wait at my locker for Lucas before we head into the class room, he comes to my locker and gives me a hug, his warm clean shaven smell filling the air around me. I hear Maya murmur something to be but I'm too caught up in the moment to care, but a louder more disturbing interruption bursts my bubble.

"Ugh Lucas" Missy's whiny voice rings in my ears,

"what Missy" he says smiling charmingly

"what are you doing with her" she asks, attempting to grab his arm he dodges her in time and places his arm around me.

"See you in class" he says turning around and we stride into class together.

Maya's POV

I sit at my desk, there's no use talking to Riley, being caught up in her little love bubble, I don't blame her.

A smell a ponging smell of aftershave explode in the class room,

"who the heck showered in that awful aftershave?" i mutter coughing.

" That would be me" somebody remarks behind me,

who could that possibly be, I scrunch up my nose.

"Maya you listening" Mr Matthews asks gesturing to the oddly shaped map drawn on the board.

" you betcha Matthews" I say smiling at him, he rolls his eyes.

Halfway through the lesson somebody begins kicking my chair,

"would you quit it" I growl turning around.

I look behind me to see a tanned looking guy with black hair, not bad. I notice something in his mouth, I frown

"what ya doing with that" I say confused, and before I know it a spit ball is blown directly passed me and hitting Mr Matthews.

"Oi, new kid!" Mr Matthews yells, trying to rub spit ball out of his short curly hair,

" it ain't gonna work no matter how hard you try Matthews" I add trying to hold back my giggles.

"Maya that's not funny" Riley says brushing my arm,

" I know" I say snapping back into it.

I turn around, there was something special about this guy, he kind of reminded me of, well... .me.

"What's your name mysterious new guy?" I ask sweetly turning around, I look at him and find myself fighting back a smile.

"The names Rebel" he says tipping an imaginary hat,

"Rebel?" I question, I am amused at his answer yet still so confused.

*******************************************************************************

The bell goes and I head out,

"why are you following me?" I ask turning around,

"I'm not following you" he says, and he stops right next to my locker,

" see this?" he says gesturing to the locker, " this is where I keep my books, it's called a locker."

I laugh, what is it with this guy. I stop for a moment to observe him, all in all I must say he isn't that bad looking. He has slick gelled back black hair, a lovely olive tan, and gorgeous dark eyes.

"Tell me why I haven't seen you before" I ask looking at him as we both close our lockers.

He smirks,

"what?" I laugh,

I try to mimic his smile but end up looking like Miranda Sings,

he laughs at me this time, cute.

" I'll tell you what Maya Hart" he says fiddling with a woven bracelet on his wrist, " I'll tell you about me" he continues,

"if?" I say impatient for what he is going to say,

he opens his mouth as if to be carefully planning what to say,

"If you come with me".