Chapter 3 : Missy Bradford

" Missy Bradford" I say with clenched teeth.

" I told you not to look" Maya groaned,

"what do we do?" I ask biting my lip, Missy Bradford is back and that bitch hates my guts, but apparently is head of heels for Lucas, and Lucas well, let me put this lightly, Lucas was mine. " It's not fair" I groan, looking over to Farkle, " I've tried, we all know my charm is no match for her's, " you have to try" I whine, " we got rid of Missy in seventh grade, we can do it again" Maya exclaims. You have got to be kidding I cannot believe Missy has made her way back to John Quincy Adams High, " your the one who did it last time" Maya says raising her eyebrows. " I guess" I sigh, " besides you haven't even spoken to Lucas today, go talk to him" Farkle says, this is awful, first day back and Missy Bradford has already completely turned it for the worst. I had two option, I could either go over right then and there and confront Lucas, or... I could sit here in silence and avoid Lucas for the rest of the day letting my feelings bottle up inside. And yes, I definitely went for the latter.

Before I know it it's 10 minutes before my first day of High School officially ends, " so guys what time should I arrive?" Farkle asks coming up from behind us, " I'll be at Riley's at 5pm" Maya replies pursing her lips, that's it! the movie! "Maya! we forgot to ask Lucas!" I exclaim, "oh yeah, lets find him after class" Maya says closing her empty work book. " Maya there's still 10 minutes left" Ms Newman says sternly, " oh really?" she says shocked placing a hand to her mouth, then turns straight back to me, I can see Ms Newman roll her eyes in the corner, only Maya can get away with stuff like this.

The bell goes and I hurry to my locker, luckily it's literally just outside the door, 1378 I press my combination in and hastily pack my books, " Maya" I say closing my locker door, " let's go" she says grabbing my arm. Just as we turn I see Lucas walking down the stairs, and.. no Missy, i wipe an imaginary droplet of sweat from my forehead and Maya laughs at me. " Hey Dr Howdy" Maya yells, waving him, " Maya, Riley" he addresses us, I haven't seen him up so close in so long, " Riley, would like to you something" she says placing great emphasis on my name. Lucas looks so different, and as impossible as it sounds, way better than before, I observe is perfect gold hair, and golden tanned skin. " What is it Riley?" he smiles flashing his clear white teeth at me, I take one longing look into his dazzling green eyes and I'm trapped, there's no going back. " Riley this is where you speak" Maya says clenching her teeth, I ignore her, he just looks so different, so grown up, so.. Maya nudges me hard in the ribs, so hard that my next sentance comes out as if I'm struggling to breathe which I am. " Maya, Farkle and I were going to watch a movie at my place tonight" I smile, " we were wondering if you would join us", Lucas smiles back at me and nothing else matters, "that would be-" Lucas is cut off my Missy appearing at his side within seconds.

Missy looks different too, and I hate to say it but she looks great, her shiny brown hair curled perfectly and in a flawless array on her shoulders. Her skin clear and eyes perfectly glistening, " well look who's back" Maya says showing off an extremely sarcastic smile, " thankyou Maya, I didn't even realise you were there" she says flashing back an equally ( or maybe even better) sarcastic smile. I look back to Lucas, whom I kidding, I have no chance with him, Lucas is, well he's a man and Missy is a women and I'm, " I'm just Riley" I sigh looking down. "Hey" Lucas says placing one of his hands on my arm, " I'll be there"he says, I stare into his usually soft eyes which were now stone cold, I weakly smile before walking off with Maya. " I hate her guts" Maya says scrunching up her fist, " she thinks she's so cool" Maya continues, " with her curly brown hair, and stupid pink head band". " And and" I interrupt her, " I don't blame Lucas, Missy is perfect and I, I am not" I shake my head, " ever so clearly not".

"Come on" Maya gives a hopeful smile, " lets head home and prepare". I shrug my shoulders and follow Maya's lead, as usual.
*******************************************************************************

HEY GUYS!!

So this is the third chapter so far and I'm pretty happy with how it's going, I have attached a picture of Maya, Farkle, Riley and Missy, ( Riley is inside the locker ).

If you have any ideas for this story, or things you want to happen and think will make it interesting, I will most likely add them into my story and I will give you creds in the end of the chapter. x

Thankyou so much for reading, don't forget to vote

- g