Chapter 9 : The party

Riley's POV

Before the party, I have one trip to make.

I get on the subway and head to Cafe au Lait a couple of blocks down,

I was doing this for Maya.

"Uncle Josh!" I say walking over to his table,

"good to see you Riley" he says giving me a hug.

I go to sit down,

"so what's this issue that was so important you had to meet me urgently for" he says mocking me,

I laugh,

"I'm having a party tonight, " I continue,

"mom and dad agreed I could have it, but as long as I had a chaperone to watch it" I say.

"mm" he says, " go on".

"I was hoping you could maybe come and help out" I ask in my sweetest voice,

"you can do whatever you wan't, you can watch a movie in another room or something" I say.

"Ummm" he pretends to think, " I guess I could" he teases.

"come on!" I whine, " you have to, I need you".

"yeah okay" he says breaking into a smile.

That chaperone thing was a total lie by the way, but I knew he wouldn't just come if it were to see Maya.
I know once he lays his eyes on her while she's with Rebel he will no that Rebel is the wrong guy, and I know Maya still has feelings for Josh, always has always will.

Maya's POV

I'm so excited for Maya's party tonight, I mean this is completely out of her comfort zone.

She must really like Lucas.

I've sorted things out with Rebel and convinced him to come to the party, I just hope Lucas will come.

The truth is I sometimes question how I feel about Rebel, I mean him and I seem so perfect together. We are like the exact same person, and I really love that about him but sometimes I wonder about Josh, I mean I haven't been thinking about him up until last night.

My phone lights up and buzzes,

Rebel : I'll be at Riley's at 6

Okay that will leave me some time to help Riley prepare.

I hop up and head off to Riley's.

Riley's POV

"Maya!" I say holding out my arms,

"Is Rebel coming?" I pause,

"yeah he's coming later" she says brushing me off,

"I brought some music" she smiles opening her phone,

I smile.

And we begin setting up.

Before we know it the doorbell goes at people start arriving,

Rebel rolls up in the tightest of black jeans, a slick leather jacket, tall heeled black studded boots and his hair gelled back tightly.

"Maya babe" he says coming over to her and smothering her with kisses, she giggles and kisses him back.

It's 20 minutes since everyone arrived and Josh still isn't here, and sadly neither is Lucas. But I'm okay, I'm doing just fine.

I grab a glass of lemonade and stare at the door willing to give up hope, this night would all be for nothing if Josh didn't turn up. And as if by my staring, a force was awoken and Josh bursts in,

" Josh you came" I say relieved,

"what you thought I wouldn't turn up" he teases.

"Where do you wan't me to go" he asks,

"you can head to the kitchen if your hungry, we have pizza" I smile.

Now everything will hopefully fall into place, i'm hoping just hoping my plan will work, and it all relies on tonight.

Josh's POV

This party seems okay, everybody here seems under control and I know I can handle it.

This is my first time being an official "chaperone", and I actually feel like a proper adult, my eyes spot the pizza and I am imediately stuffing my face with some meatlovers.

I sit down at the table and have another look at everyone, I wonder where Maya is, I was hoping to see her, not that I like her or anything, I just was hoping to see her, and maybe catch up?

And then I hear it, I hear her beautiful laugh, wait no it doesn't mean anything to me, I don't like Maya, she's three years younger than me it won't work.

Yet I feel myself looking for where the adorable laugh is coming from, yes there's Maya I say, my heart skips a beat as I see her. Her beautiful blonde hair is curled perfectly and she's wearing a tight dark blue cocktail dress, I can only imagine how much it would bring out her eyes.

But then I notice another think that makes me feel, weird.

"That's the guy Maya's dating" Riley creeps up behind me, I jump,

"what?" I clear my throat, " I wasn't looking at Maya" I say, "and I don't even like Maya, I don't know why you think so".

"woah defensive much" Riley laughs,

" So, what's this guys name, what's he like?" I ask,

"not that I care" I quickly add, " I'm , I'm just curious that's all".

Riley rolls her eyes at me.

"He's called Rebel, he's a player and a bad boy " Riley looks over at them, "believe me, he is not giving a good impression on me".

I think for a bit,

"why is he so bad? Does he treat her well" I ask, " again just curious" I assure her again.

"Look I'm not going to get too far into this, but let's just say, she's missed more than half of the classes we've had this week". Riley says sighing,

"what she's been off with him" I jeer pointing at him,

"yeah unfortunately" Riley says "look I gotta go talk to people other than you" she teases and walks away.

I sigh, so what am I gonna do?

Well one things for sure,

I am not letting Maya Hart date that awful jerk even if it means I loose an eye.

I get up out of my seat,

and walk over to them.

*******************************************************************************

HEYYY GUYS

thankyou for all your support it seriously means the world to me and I mean 250 reads already? You guys are amazing, I'm hoping to be uploading the first chapter to my Reyton Fanfic. I know this chapter was rather boring and fast moving, but I needed this bit to get done before what Josh is about to do, and for what's going to be happening for the future of this story.

once again thanks for reading, and I apologise ahead of time for any stupid grammar mistakes and stuff like that I am horrible at proof reading.

thanks and stay tuned for the next update.