Returned Trauma

Kat looked off at the sunset in the distance. It was warm and breezy.
Kat looked down at their hands.
*You're shaking still.
After they went through the whole experience again, they couldn't move. Nightmare looked worriedly at Kat.
"I'm gonna try something." Nightmare informed Kat as he took their hand.
"W-what are you doing. B-better not use your f-freaky magic crap!" Kat said, still trying to shake off the memory.
"No promises." Nightmare said. His hand started to glow with a green-blue magic.
Kat's hand felt warm, probably from Nightmare's magic.
"Calm." Nightmare's voice was soothing this time. Kat felt their heart slow. Kat's and Nightmare's eyes both glowed the same color as Nightmare's magic.
"Woah. Didn't think the 'King of Nightmares' could do something like this..." Kat said. It looks like Nightmare's magic helped Kat calm down.
*You stopped shaking.
"I can't believe I never even thought to look at this place. I just, skipped over it." Kat said.
"It's not like I wanna help or anything... but you really had this hidden. Didn't you?" Nightmare said.
"I don't know." Kat said.
"You surround yourself with so much positivity, (it's not really that type of positivity, more so sarcasm to distract yourself.) that the negative emotions that were packed inside, just got even worse, too much." Nightmare said, it looked like he was having a flashback.
*You waved your hand in front of Nightmare's face.
"Heeeeellllooo? You still in there?" Kat asked.
Nightmare smacked Kat's hand away.
"Why wouldn't I be? Idiot." Nightmare said.
"Why did you want me to get my emotions back, really. Let's be honest, everyone knows you weren't doing it for my sake." Kat said.
"Did you just figure that out? When someone can't hurt you anymore, you can still hurt yourself." Nightmare said.
"So tragic backstory $h!t?" Kat asked.
"Tragic backstory $h!t." Nightmare confirmed.
"As much as I hate to admit it, you're not wrong..." Kat said.
"Ya know, like the time you jumped off the roo-" Nightmare started.
"We don't talk about that. I tried telling you. Something pushed me. For all I know it could've been you."
"Something... pushed...you?" Nightmare said thoughtfully.
"Ya? I tried telling you. Multiple times." Kat said.
"Let's get outta here." Nightmare said standing up.
*You really hated him.
He was still using his magic until he stood up.
"Oh right you." Nightmare said as though just noticing Kat.
*You started to shake as memories flooded back.
"Here." Nightmare said, he offered his hand and Kat reluctantly took it.
Kat and Nightmare traveled back through the multiverse in the sweetest of silences.
"I need to go do something." Nightmare said when they got back.
Kat stopped shaking, even without Nightmare's magic.
*You're still on the hunt for the kitchen.