Chapter 14: Mirror Match

Ace, Summer, Velvet, and Nero stand outside the exit to the apartment building having just left V's laboratory. Wolf had suggested he could acquire transportation for the group as using public transport would be insufficient. Currently, they are waiting on him to return.

Nero: "You know if he was going to take so long, we could've been there by now." The young devil hybrid said, growing restless.

Velvet: "Don't be so hard on Wolf. He's trying to help us out. I, for one, am glad he's making his own decisions. It allows him to be his own being. All that intelligence is finally being put to his own use."

Nero: "Oh, give me a break Velv'. It almost sounds like you are falling for the machine. Keyword "machine"."

Ace: "Knock it off, Nero. It's too early to be an asshole. Besides, he's only been gone for 5 minutes." Nero huffs as he leans up against the wall.

Summer: "I don't want to, but I slightly agree with Nero. If these two targets are as dangerous as V told us, then shouldn't we be hurrying over there instead of waiting around?" As Nero was about to chime in, they heard the sound of a horn honking as they looked to see Wolf driving up in a black and red van.

Ace: "Talk about a ride

Ace: "Talk about a ride."

Wolf: "I apologize for the extended waiting period, but I had to use...not so legal methods to acquire this vehicle. But I assure you that the previous proprietors were more than willing to live without it. Now hop in. We have little time for pleasantries." The rest of the group hopped into the van, Velvet taking the passenger seat.

With a new ride, the group quickly makes their way towards the location mentioned earlier, where the two targets might be causing chaos. The trip doesn't take very long as Wolf uses his connection to the SMC network to hijack the intersection lights to turn green for them.

Summer: "Don't you think that's illegal and an abuse of your power to hack the traffic lights?"

Ace: "Summer, we are riding around in a vehicle he most likely mugged from someone and your complaining about what he does to prevent himself from hurting more people?"

Summer: "Well, when you word it that way..."

Wolf: "I apologize for interrupting your conversation, but we have arrived at our destination."

The van stops outside a small bar called the "Crow and Raven." Outside the bar are what seem to be staff crowding around the door to the bar. Getting out, Ace is immediately met by the owner of the bar.

Bar Owner: "Oh good, bounty hunters. Please, you gotta help me out here. These two guys just came in, and they picked a fight with some of my regulars. It got bad real fast. Please, you have to get them out. I don't care how you do just do it!"

Summer: "Okay, sir, I need you to calm down. We'll get this done, but I need you and the rest of these people to back away to prevent any unneeded casualties. Alright?" The owner nodded as he went to begin telling the others to create some distance.