Chapter 12: Angel Eyes

As the elevator doors to V's laboratory open, Ace waltz's in as the other four follow behind.

Ace: "Oh yeah! Guess who just took out a robot the size of a skyscraper? That's right, we did!"

Wolf: "M.G. Rey is approximately 70 feet in height. It would need to be at least 495 feet to be classified as taller than a skyscraper."

Velvet: "It's part of the exaggeration, Wolf. Don't be so rigid all the time." She says as she pats him on the shoulder.

Wolf: "I see. Then I retract my earlier statement. The mech was indeed 495 feet tall."

Nero: "Oh, you're going to be a real joy to work with." Patting him on the back, leaving Wolf standing at the elevator exit confused while the rest walk ahead.

Heading into the main lab area, they see the news coverage of the battle's aftermath, and V watching intently. Hearing Ace's gloating, he turned and smiled as he saw they were unharmed.

V: "It seems you all have had quite the afternoon." He walks over to Nero and smiles as he places a hand on his old student's shoulder. "Nero... it's good to see you. After the attack, I thought the worst had occurred...I'm glad to see you still live."

Nero: "Thanks. It's good to see your still kicking."

V: "Miss Scarlatina, it brings me great pleasure to see that the suffering of losing your friends hasn't deterred you from fighting on the side of good."

Velvet: "Counselor V!" She runs over and hugs him, which he happily reciprocates. "It's so good to see you again. Not to be rude, but I thought you would've died from old age."

Ace: "Hah! He's old, not that old."

While V and the three others talked about the old times of their school year before The Red Sun attack. Summer stood and watched them with both joy and a mix of jealousy. She wanted to have that kind of relationship with the others, but she came from a different time. As she watched on, Wolf stood beside her, clueless of her current dilemma.

Wolf: "Miss Rose? Is something bothering you?"

Summer: "Oh, I mean, if you want to, then you can start off."

Wolf: "Affirmative. I have noticed that in the short time we have been accompanying each other, you have portrayed the actions females take when they are interested in males. From my observations, you have romantic emotions for Ace. Is this true?"

Summer: "What?! No! No! I don't have..pah...for him? He's just a friend, that's all."

Wolf: "You are taking an extremely defensive stance on the subject. It seems my observations are correct."

Summer: "No. Your observations are not correct." As she pouts and turns away from Wolf, who is still confused by her reaction.

Ace: "Well *yawn* I'm gonna head back to my place for the night."

Nero: "Since I've been officially kicked out of The Twin's employ, I don't have a place to sleep, so I'm gonna rent a room."

Velvet: "Yeah, I don't plan on sleeping in an abandoned building again, so I'll do the same. Good night everyone." She follows Nero as they ride the elevator back up to the apartment floors.

Ace: "I'll catch you all tomorrow. Good night, Summer."

Summer: "Oh..um, good night, Ace. I hope you sleep well." Her cheeks slightly blush as he makes his way out.