Chapter 5: A Soul Can't Be Cut

Entering V's lab, V turns from the large monitor to see Ace, Wolf, and Summer. He could tell by the saddened expression on Summer's face Tai wasn't around anymore. Approaching the three, he offers a hand to Summer. She responds by embracing him with a hug, one he doesn't mind reciprocating.

V: "I'm so sorry. You should never have gone through this. Especially in such a short amount of time. If you need anything, please, just ask."

Summer: "Thank you. I think I'll just need time."

V: "If you need a place to be alone, you may use my personal room."

Summer: "I think...I think it's better that I not be alone. I'll stay with Ace and Wolf for now."

V: "If that is what you wish. *sigh* Now then, I believe before the three of you left, we were discussing a mission Winter had for Ace and Wolf."

Wolf: "Affirmative. But to avoid any form of exhaustion on our mission, I propose that Ace and Miss Rose get the necessary 8 hours of sleep required of humans."

Ace: "There are a million better ways you could've said that. *sigh* We got to work on your people skills."

Summer: "Not to state the obvious, but I don't have a place to sleep."

Ace: "Luckily, I and V chose this spot because it has an apartment complex built over it. But as you can see, V didn't like that idea. Anyway, I can get you a room if that's alright."

Summer: "Oh. Uh, no problem. Thanks."

The Next Day

Ace makes his way back into V's lab; he sees Summer and Wolf already there and waiting. Summer was practicing with her Kamas against Wolf. It had obviously been a long time since she could use them. As Ace entered the lab, Summer's face seemed to light up as she saw Ace.

Summer: "Ace! Good morning!"

Ace: "Oh! Hey. I see you're keeping up on your training. How'd you sleep? The city can be pretty unforgiving if you don't prepare for it."

Summer: "It was pretty strange to sleep somewhere other than my home."

Wolf: "Miss Rose has shown that she has retained much of her knowledge from her time as a huntress."

Ace: "Well, that's good to hear. Why don't we start that mission you were preaching about V."

V: "Of course. Around three weeks ago, a special black ops team in the Schnee Military Core went rouge."

Ace: "We're playing clean-up duty for Winter, great."

V: "Originally, she was content with dealing with the problem how she always has. That was the reason she had Wolf constructed. But I convinced her to utilize the resources she had to find suitable members to make a team to hunt down the ones that went rouge."

Ace: "And who are we going to be searching for? Cause I sense that's why you brought me here."

V responds by pulling up a list of individuals on the large monitor. Most of the names on said list were ones that Ace knew off the bat. Some weren't so well known, though. But there were a certain few that stuck out.

Silverhand
Jack Rabbit
White Rose
Watcher in the Shadows
SAMURAI
Lightning Bolt
Man with the Golden Gun
Gwyn

Ace: "V, some of these names are for people that aren't even alive anymore. Some of them are actual terrorists."

Summer: "Am I White Rose?"