Chapter 8: Like a Flood of Rain

Typhoon charged at Wolf first, going for a quick set of stabs to the chest. The machine reacted quickly, sidestepping and rolling away to gain distance. But was caught as Typhoon's leg broke into segments connected through an electrical channel. His foot landing square on the face of Wolf. Typhoon then separated himself into segments to dodge the barrage of slashes from Jack Rabbit. Each slash passing right through the gaps in his body. Catching the blade with one of his Tsai, he slashed upward, dealing a small amount of damage to her aura but causing her to back away.

Wolf then closes the distance that was created by the kick, his arm blades ready to slice into the cyborg. Typhoon was prepared though, as he deflected each slash from Wolf with difficulty as even though his cybernetic muscles could handle much weight. It couldn't compare to the perfectly designed weapon that was W01-4. Eventually, stamina caused Typhoon to deflect poorly, causing him to be subject to the barrage of slashes from Wolf.

But Typhoon had a trick up his sleeve. His body then broke apart into a multitude of segmented pieces, stopping Wolf mid-barrage. The segments moved on their own as they flew to the other end of the empty room they were in. The other cultist took the chance to flee the encounter as Typhoon was known to have a bit of a blast radius when it came to conflicts he took part in. The segmented pieces soon returned together to form Typhoon.

Typhoon: "It seems underestimating your capabilities is something I cannot repeat

Typhoon: "It seems underestimating your capabilities is something I cannot repeat. But that would make sense as you were created with the singular purpose of killing Hawk Branwen."

Jack Rabbit: "And it's stupid of you to think you'll be leaving here alive."

Typhoon: "Yet here she is again. What purpose would Winter Schnee have with a common thug such as this one, hmm?"

Wolf: "She is needed for my mission. You are not and are attempting to eliminate her would cause my mission to be a failure. And I was programmed not to fail." Jack Rabbit turns towards Wolf with one can only guess a quizzical look.

Typhoon: "But you were also programmed with the most powerful processing power on the planet. Your potential to surpass your creators is astronomical. Yet you play dog and do as you are told. How pitiful. All that intellect wasted."

Jack Rabbit: "Look, I don't care if he's a doomsday bomb or a walking soda machine WE are going to kill you. Right?" She looks towards Wolf.

Wolf: "Correct. Now then...Shall we depart from the conversating and continue with combat?" He takes a battle stance as his arm blades shoot out.

Typhoon was planning on this as he launched both his arms out. Each one flying toward the two fighters. His hands, still holding on to his blades, begin to swing by themselves. Wolf and Jack Rabbit are forced to block and deflect the attacks as they're entirely random. Typhoon laughs maniacally as the other two struggle with the disembodied arms. Soon Jack Rabbit manages to break past the floating arm and dash towards Typhoon.

Wolf tracks her to ensure her safety as, at the moment, she is his top priority. He scans her movements and concludes that whatever her semblance is, it must allow her to copy the move-set of individuals. This is made apparent when she performs an upward slash across Typhoon's body. An exact replica of a slash that Hawk Branwen could perform, she even sheathed the blade in the same manner he did.

But Wolf had no time to speculate and deduct who this could be. He had to beat back the severed arm and assist his new ally. Stabbing his arm blade into the forearm of the severed limb, he tossed it away, allowing him to move to help Jack Rabbit fight the one-armed Typhoon.

Jumping in, Wolf went to impale Typhoon but was kicked away as Typhoon still had to fight against Jack Rabbit. His only saving grace was that his idolization of Hawk Branwen allowed him to study his fighting style and learn to dodge some of the attacks. He soon was able to kick Jack Rabbit away and reattach his other arm, just in time to deflect a slash from Wolf.

The battle continued, each side gaining advantages over the other. Typhoon could keep them separated with his detachable limbs, but he and they could tell that this strategy wouldn't work forever. This all culminated in a turning of the tables when Jack Rabbit sliced the segments of Tyhoon's right arm into pieces.

This act spelled the doom for the Blade of Destruction, as the two combatants began to disassemble the terrorist limb by limb systematically. Cutting off one limb at a time and then shredding through the segments that made up the limb.

Soon Typhoon was nothing more than a torso lying on the floor. Wolf and Jack Rabbit had won, and we're readying to end the menace.

Jack Rabbit: *heavy breathing* "That was...really exhausting."

Wolf: "Indeed. You performed admirably. If you require me to carry you after we finish Korvus off, then I will do so."

Jack Rabbit: "What?! No! No, no, no, no! You don't have to do that."

Typhoon: "Eugh. Get a room or kill me. Just don't torture me with this nonsense."

Wolf: "You spoke of an awakening and Hawk returning. What are you talking about? Hawk Branwen is dead."

Typhoon: "Foolish robot. Our Savior lives. He awaits in his kingdom. Waiting for the day, humanity needs his help once again. But you'll never stop us from bringing him back to us. Even now, my teammates are conducting the ritual, and soon the great awakening shall take place. And if I must die to ensure its success...then so be it." Typhoon begins to laugh maniacally as his cybernetics across his head begin to self-destruct, killing him in the process.

Jack Rabbit: "Well, that was gruesome."

Wolf: "You may say that again, Miss Scarlatina."

Jack Rabbit: "Wait! What?! H-How did you know who I was?!"

She takes off the mask to reveal a woman with long brown hair with brown eyes. Under the mask, a set of bunny ears had been forced down by several headbands.

Wolf: "It only took me the last moments of the fight to deduce your identity. You use a hard-light copy of the Yamato, a replica down to the wear on the handle. You also employ Hawk Branwen's exact fighting style and capabilities besides his superhuman ones. To do this, one would need to have an innate ability to copy another person's fighting style and weapon. But as so few rarely ever survive encounters with Hawk, the list of potential people was small. I apologize if knowing your identity causes you to distrust me miss Scarlatina."

Velvet: "Well, for starters, just call me Velvet. Saying my last name makes it seem like your trying to flirt with me, and well...no offense."

Wolf: "Do not worry. I cannot take offense. I am a machine, after all."

Velvet: "So was that guy right? Were you solely made to kill Hawk?"

Wolf: "Correct, I was designed and built to eliminate Hawk when he returned."

Velvet: "When? So he's alive?" Fear seemed to creep across her face.

Wolf: "Winter Schnee believed that the level of power Hawk possessed was beyond what could be thought of. She was certain that death was something that he could and eventually would surpass. But I am not certain if her theory has any evidence to prove her claim."

Velvet: "Well, these guys seem to think she's right. I've been hunting down this cult ever since it first popped up. I couldn't take the idea of people worshipping that monster."

Wolf: "I believe I understand. Hawk's impact on our world has been both heavy and severe. But now we must depart. We have to head back to the operating area to meet the others."

Velvet: "Others?" She says as the two begin to make their way out of the building.

Wolf: "Correct. We approximately have two other team members as they are currently grabbing our fifth member. Now, follow me if you would be so kind?"