Chapter 1: The Gunslinger

WARNING: If you haven't read through Child of Omens Ruination Parts 1 and 2. Do not read ahead! Go back and read the previous stories to understand what lies ahead!

The night sky hung over the bright, neon city. The people were so blinded by the neon lights of the giant skyscrapers to even notice what time of day it was. To say the "city never sleeps" was a gross underestimation. This was New Beacon. The last and only great city of Remnant. It took the people of the four great kingdoms one year to construct New Beacon. It was to be the ultimate symbol of human strength, a shining beacon against those that see the human race as weak. During the seven years, it has been completed, the city has expanded dramatically from initially covering the old city of Vale and its huntsman academy, Beacon. It now had expanded to almost cover the entire kingdom of Vale. The city was almost like a living, breathing entity. Multiple different sectors make up the city. Each one it's own mini-world, with different lifestyles and ways of thriving. For example, the harbor district, or more commonly known as "The Old District", the harbor was more of a reconstruction of the old city. Its people lived in the old buildings that once made up Vale, every person trying to live in the past before the world had been torn apart.

At one of the dozens of abandoned warehouses near the oceanside dock area, the sounds of laughing could be heard. Inside, two thugs had a third man cuffed to a metal chair and were taking turns punching him. The two thugs wore typical thug clothing, tattered and covered in small additions such as spikes, chains, and gang patches. The largest patch is a giant Kraken-like creature. The third man, however, didn't wear any form of gang-affiliated clothing. He had a relatively well-kept white leather jacket with dozens of metal plates at key joint locations. His shoulders, his right knee, and his chest area had these metal body armor-like plates attached, but at the current moment, they had been removed to allow the thugs to land their punches.

As one of the thugs takes a break, he makes his way over to a small table that has the cuffed man's armor pieces as well as a white hat and a revolver.

Thug 1: "Man, look at this thing. It's about the size of my fucking head, bro. Imagine the fucking hole I could put in somebody with this beauty."

Thug 2: "Yeah, and imagine how broken your hand'll be if you try. Now quit messing with that shit! My arms are getting tired. Fucker thinks he can just waltz in here and claim us like we're some kind of quick bounty. Fuckin' bounty hunters." Punching the man several more times. "What the fuck?! Even after 2 hours of this shit, he hasn't even coughed up blood yet! Is this guy even human?!"

Thug 1: "Hey. Did you ever notice the weird blinking light on this thing?"

As the other thug stops his torture, he looks toward the first thug with utter confusion. Unbeknownst to them, the third man slowly lifts his head, looking at the revolver.

Thug 2: "Huh? I don't remember it having that. Lemme see it." Making his over to the table, the two then tinker with the revolver as they watch a bright red symbol appear on the gun's barrel.