Chapter 11: RULES OF NATURE

Ace: "What the hell is that?!"

Silverhand and Ace can barely catch their breaths as the giant mech begins to rain missiles upon them. The two quickly make their way into a side alley, offering them suitable cover.

Silverhand: "I didn't think he'd actually show up."

Ace: "Wait, that thing is a HE?!"

Silverhand: "Yes. He used to be a guy named M.G. Rey. After a pretty nasty accident while on a mission, he had his brain implanted inside this mech. He's another of the special ops team you are hunting down."

Ace: "Okay, how the hell do we beat it-him?"

Silverhand: "Don't know. But it's probably a good idea to high tail it out of here."

Ace: "Not gonna lie, that's a pretty preferable idea. Let's do it. Now, where's Summer?"

The two turn around as they hear a tiny sneeze. Behind them was, in fact, Summer, who was rubbing her nose.

Ace: "Summer? How'd you get over here?"

Summer: "My semblance. It allows me to turn into a flying cloud of white rose petals. I had to use it to get away from the mech."

Silverhand: "Then where is the car?" The three poke their heads out of the alley to see the giant mech, crush Ace's car under its foot.

Ace: "Aww, man. I just paid that off."

Summer: "I'm sorry, Ace. I'll help fix it." Patting him on his back.

Silverhand: "So I guess we're walking then."

Summer: "Wait?! So we're just gonna leave?" The two nod. "But we can't let this thing trample through the city. We have to stop it."

Silverhand: "You can't be serious. If you wanna stop it, go ahead. I'll watch."

Silverhand tries to walk past Summer, but she catches him by the ear pulling him into an agonizing predicament.

Summer: "Now you listen here, mister. You will help deal with this, and you're going to do so with a smile on your face. Got it?"

Silverhand: "Ow! Ow! Ow! Fine! Fine! Just let me go." After letting him go, she gives Ace the evil eye, but he quickly nods. He's already in the dog house with Summer, and it would be a good idea not to dig himself deeper in the hole.

Silverhand: "Okay, so what's the plan?"

Ace: "Well, we're going to need to plan carefully. We have to probe it to find any chinks in its design. Anything we can exploit."

Wolf: "Its design is based around its wings and legs acting as stabilizers to keep it steady. I propose we find a way to get it off balance."

Ace: "Okay nice one Wolf. Alright, we got our...WOLF?!"

Wolf: "Yes?"

Ace, Summer, and Silverhand are surprised to see Wolf standing next to Summer. Behind him was a woman around their age wearing a rabbit mask on the side of her head.

Summer: "When did you get here?"

Silverhand: "Who are these guys?"

Velvet: "I can't believe you forgot my name, Nero. We were such good friends."

Ace: "Wait? Your name is Nero. Hah! That's a stupid name." Ace chuckling as Summer pinches his arm.

Nero: "Yeah, yeah. Get your laughs out...Good to see you safe, Velvet. But who's the bot?"