Chapter Fifty-seven

Start from the beginning

I nodded at what he said then remembered he couldn't see me. "Yeah, okay. Alright."

Chuckling lowly to what he said to the person at his side, I hanged up and breathed in the freshness (in a bid to calm whatever nerves had started crawling up me).

"So what'd he say?" Ivy asked with a teasing smile evident.

I shrugged, hoping it appeared casual.

"He said we should give him a minute, they'll be with us soon."

"Aww."

"Ugh. What's the aww in this?"I shook my head with a sigh, ignoring her obnoxious clearing of throat altogether and rather focused on the night sky and the stars that scattered it glamorously.

"The night's beautiful you know?"I said after some time.

"I swear. And so are you."

"Can you stop being cliché?"

"I'm not cliché,"she laughed, bumping her hip to my side. "I'm just so excited, I can barely cont- OMGEE."

"What?"I inquired, my gaze following the trailing light in the sky. Must be a rocket.

"Your. Yummy boys. Are. Approaching." Ivy palmed my scalp, directing my head to the glass doors where we could see the insides of the very stunning lobby and... three familiar male silhouettes approaching.

Jordan, Jude and Chris.

I felt the hairs on my nape stand while my eyes regarded a particular someone and his suave way of walking I secretly drooled on.

Damn, how could just his silhouette increase the pace of my heartbeat?

"Crap! How do I look? Do I look okay?!"I shook Ivy vigorously, I could've broken a bone.

I'm pathetic like that.

"Yes! You do, you look fine!"she patted my hair and enforced the hair clip on it then quickly chucked out a lip gloss from her bag, handing it to me.

"Collect, shine em'!"

"Yassuh!"

I immediately smeared it on my lips and approved my appearance from the glass of the car. I was in blue jeans and a cream sweater, white pumps completing the outfit. And glossy lips.

"What about me??!"Ivy shook me with equal vigour, I literally felt my brain ricocheting from within,"do I look like I just woke up from sleep?! Am I looking nice?"

"Of course!"

I swiftly scanned her, tucking the few strands that fell from her neat french braids back in place. She was looking very smart in her striped shirtdress and ankle boots.

"You lookin' good, girl!"

"Thanksss."

From the corner of my eye, I saw their silhouettes close to opening the glass door.

My heart thumped foolishly.

"Now try to look casual, try to look casual,"I said in a rush as I leaned on the car and started counting the stars. (My genius attempt at looking casual.)

"Oh my gosh, they're coming!"

"Please don't make them think we're gawking or talking about them. Do something else to appear nonchalant, like... be biting your nails and looking elsewhere!"

Ivy snorted,"you think I'm two? Imma watch them eye to eye boo! Gosh they're so hot!- which of them is..."

The glass door opened, their conversational voices coming out with them. Ivy and I straightened up as if on impulse and my heart continued beating erratically when I caught a wisp of Jordan's spicy masculine cologne. I missed it so freaking much!