Chapter Twenty

Sam Lewis 😌

Time flew by fast and so did classes.

It was around five p.m. thereabout that I finally left to the hostel with a plastic bag containing food I'd bought from the school's pub.

I could even hear Samuel's voice loud and clear as I ascended the stairs to our floor. Our house was by far the second noisiest amongst all the houses, Superior Docks being the first.

That had been the Connor guy's place of lodgement before he was transferred to Gentility House just last week.

Something about our house master wanting to keep an eye on the guy. Some rumors also stated he caused a lot of chaos and violence so his roommates couldn't stand him that's why he'd been transferred.

   Like we could stand him in our house. They should just let him live in the forest.

Since he was transferred in here and nice enough,in the same floor as me, I was doing my best at avoiding his paths. Especially when what only rang through his brain on seeing me was Torture. I had so much on my plate already, not his drama too.

I sighed before turning the knob, stepping into the room. According to my body, I needed a second bath urgently. Since I started my period this week, I had been religiously bathing twice, dawn and later in the night when everyone was in their respective rooms snoring. But those were when I had light flows.

Today that I was experiencing a heavy flow, I just wouldn't feel comfortable to wait till later in the night. That uncomfortable feeling down south when the pad was wasted... my girls do you get it?

  "Hey Sammy, what you got in there?"Chris whistled for my attention, gesturing to the plastic bag.

"Oh, just some fried yam chips I bought at the pub. You guys hungry?"

"No, not really,we were just discussing how bad we felt about not waiting till you came before devouring the roasted turkey soup Jude had brought."

"We're sorry Sam,"Jordan added,"We'll give you a good treat tomorrow, to compensate–"

"Oh you guys..."I snorted,"It's okay you don't have to. I brought food so I'm okay don't worry."
Wipe that silly smile off your face fast, Jordan's watching!

I quickly did.

Samuel shook his head wearing a remorseful look."We should have waited for you, that's what good roommates do. But instead,we gobbled down everything without knowing one person was missing. Guess we were that hungry... wonder what kind of roommates we are."

I sighed, unable to keep my lips from quirking up. They wore such adorable looks that made me want to coo at them.

  Leaving the plastic bag on my table, I moved towards them, centering between them as I placed my palms on their shoulders.

   "Believe me, it's okay. We've eaten together before, we've shared our foods before. It's not like you guys forget about me all the time. Besides I had late lectures so maybe if you had waited, it'd have grown cold. That wouldn't be nice y'know, so y'all chill."

Samuel grinned."Aww man, your so sweet! You always know how to make a guy feel better."

"Careful, don't give me any cause to be suspecting you as gay,"Chris said and we fell into fits of laughter, taking turns to shove Chris on the chest.

I checked in my locker for my sponge bag, throwing a towel around me.

Jordan did a double-take.

"Are you actually taking a bath this evening??"