Chapter Thirty-three

A/n:Happy reading y'all! And pls don't forget to vote and keep the comments coming 💕🥺

   Jordan Walterz 😎😉 (make some noiiise  🎤)

Chris flicked the side of my head.

"Earth to you. You seem very far-off today, wassup?"

"Flick me like that again and you'll be kissing the floor in the next minute."I said through my teeth, shooting him a sideways glare before sighing.

Studying was not giving me the distraction I need. I wasn't done with the slides I was preparing for tomorrow's presentation yet but my mind was very blank at the moment.

Chris put his hands up in feigned surrender before casting a quick glance at the librarian who had a pointed stare our way.

"Let's go for a walk?"he suggested.

     "Your next lecture is in thirty minutes."I reminded, logging out of Microsoft excel.

The librarian cleared his throat but Chris chose to ignore.

Rolling his eyes,"I don't care. What is bothering you—hold up, don't tell me nothing cause I can tell if you're not okay. You keep clenching and unclenching your fists and I'm feeling rather sorry for that pen in your hand. Like,what it ever do?"

I glanced at my knuckles to see them whitening and that's when I realized how tight I was suffocating my ball pen.

I immediately let go of it.

"You know you beginning to sound like Samuel. You learning from him or something?"

Chris chuckled.

"I would never learn from that idiot. Let's go?"

I shrugged, knowing he would have none of it and zipped my backpack close after putting in my laptop.

"You used to mind your business back in highschool."

Chris stood up with me, slinging his bag across his chest while I hung mine on one shoulder.

"Point of correction, I used to not mind your business when we weren't buddies– besties even."

   "Bestie?"I gave him an odd look, stepping ahead of him.

"Ugh, you're becoming a lil' cheesy as well. Just like that boy."

His chuckles had the librarian directing a really scornful look at us.

"But you still love me don't ya??"

I feigned a look of disgust over my shoulder.

"Ew. I don't do guys."

It was my turn to chuckle as he hit me on the shoulder, muttering curses.

We purposely avoided the librarian's eyes as we walked out.

  "Gum?" Chris asked once we were out of the library, pulling a Trident gum from his shirt pocket.

    "Thanks."I flipped the wrapper off, dropping it into the bin in front of the block.

I shoved my hands into my pockets afterwards, focusing my eyes on my white pumps as our legs moved in sync.

Chris bumped his shoulders slightly into mine, his gaze on the side of my head.

           The silence between us stretched before I finally spoke up.

        "It's my mom. She's sick again."I murmured, shielding my eyes from the heated gaze of the ten o'clock sun.

"Oh shit."