3.07 𝖫𝖤𝖳𝖧𝖠𝖱𝖨𝖠 𝖵𝖴𝖫𝖯𝖨𝖭𝖠

Start from the beginning

"Hey, come on, you can stay with me tonight if you want but you need to get some sleep," He gestured to the door and Olive shook her head.

"I can't, what if-" She started but Derek shook his head, stopping her.

"Melissa will call you if anything changes," Derek nodded but Olive just turned to the door that Isaac had been wheeled down.

"Just a few more minutes," She shook her head, turning back to Derek, whose face softened as another tear made its way down Olive's cheek. "It should've been me. We were fighting before we came here, I told him he was being too protective over me. Now I just feel like an asshole."

Derek sighed as she turned back to the doors, like she was expecting Isaac to walk through them at any point in time.

"Olly," Derek started but Olive just turned to him, shaking her head.

"You can go if you want," She said, furrowing her eyebrows. "I know they're probably gonna need help with Stiles. I'll just be a few more minutes."

Derek thought it over for a minute before he reluctantly nodded, both of them knowing she would be more than a few minutes. He kissed her hair before standing and heading towards the door. She watched him walk out of the hospital and she sighed, turning back to the hallway Isaac was wheeled down. After another hour, Melissa came around from the desk.

"Hey, Olive," She smiled as she approached the seating area. "I'm about to leave, but I got as much as I could from the doctors. He is stable for now, in the ICU. They said he's lucky to be alive after that."

"Is he," Olive stopped herself, lowering her voice and leaning in slightly. "Is he healing?"

"No one mentioned any miraculous healings, I'm sorry," She shook her head, leaning back in the chair. "If you want you can go to the ICU and wait there. He may or may not be in the second room to the right if you wanted to go see."

Olive turned to her with wide eyes and Melissa gestured to the elevator. Olive nodded, giving her a small smile and all but running to him.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Once she got to the third floor she made her way to the ICU. She looked around, finding his room but there was a key card lock on the door. She looked through the small window in the door and chewed the inside of her cheek to keep herself from crying again. She could barely see his face, but she could tell that a good majority of his skin was burned on the right side. She focused her hearing, enough to hear that his heart was beating softly in his chest. She sighed in relief as she turned around, finding the nurse's station a few feet away.

"Hi, um I was wondering if I could go in to see Isaac Lahey?" She fiddled nervously with her rings as she spoke and the nurse pushed a few buttons on her computer and sat back.

"Are you his sister?" She rose an eyebrow and Olive's eyes widened as she shook her head. "Mother? Aunt?  Distant cousin?"

"No! Um. I'm his girlfriend."

"You can't see him unless you're family, sweetie, sorry."

"No, you don't understand, he doesn't have any family, they're- they're all dead so um, I'm kinda all he's got," Olive sighs as the nurse pulls her glasses from her face, leaning in.

"Look, honey, I feel for you, I do, but if I break policy for you I'd have to do it for everyone and I can't do that. You're welcome to wait until the doctor comes back in the morning if you have any questions, or go look in the window again, but you probably won't be able to see him anytime soon," She says and Olive nods, pulling her bottom lip between her teeth as she turned around and sat in one of the chairs behind her.