16: Just play along

The sun was beginning to set on this bittersweet day. Karl looked to be over working himself, you suggested to help to get some of the weight off of his shoulders but he didn't want to put that on you. I guess that makes sense. You weren't as skilled as he was so it would be harder for you to help. I mean...it also kinda helps that he can control metal soooo.

You did still wanna watch tho. You sat on a stool nearby and watched him work. Every once in awhile he'd tell you to get him something and you'd go fetch it for him but other than that you weren't very much help.

As the sun was now fully below the horizon you yawned and stood up. "Karl, it's starting to get late. Can we head to bed now?"

He just shook his head without looking at you, he was completely focused on his work, "Sorry buttercup, you can go ahead but I need to keep working."

You yawned again, "We have a long day tomorrow though, and I don't wanna go to sleep without you."

Heisenberg sighed, "I-...fine, I'll be there in a minute just go ahead. I'll be there soon." He finally looked at you with a smile. You can tell he was very exhausted, mentally and physically. You didn't blame him, this was a lot of pressure put on him last minute.

He stopped paying attention to what he was doing and his hand slipped from the thing he was holding and it went flying towards you. You held your hands up to block your face and hoped that a bubble would pop up or something.

Whenever you opened your eyes again Karl had the piece of metal held out in front of you, thank god he stopped it in time. It didn't really matter though, your bubble still appeared.

Wait, no it didn't. Yes, the field from before was in front of you, but it was no where else. You moved your arm around and it started to follow you as if it was attached to your arm like a shield. "Wow...well that's new."

"Yeah, no kidding." Heisenberg responded with a sigh of relief. "Damn...maybe it is time for bed hehe-"

(The next day)

The morning was bout the same as usual. You woke up and Heisenberg was already up before you. You both got dressed and ready for the day and headed out. On the way back to the castle you began to discuss a plan at least for today.

"Ok, our best option for now is to just play into Miranda's plans. We can't risk getting caught before we even do anything so let's just blend in for now." Karl says, taking your hand and holding it as you walked.

"Agreed, we at least gotta know what we're dealing with too. Let's see how strong the guy is before we decide anything else as well."

You both made it to the castle. When you were there Miranda had 4 flasks on a table. "Each one of you needs to take one and protect it with your whole life. We need it for the ceremony I will be performing soon enough." Miranda said as she was handing them out to the lords. You and Heisenberg had to share since you both lived together which was fine with you.

Karl gave it to you to hold. As you looked at it, the label had the name Rosemary Winters and a body part right under it. Oh my god....you pieced it all together and figured out what was in the flask. "Is this...from a real baby?"

"Yes, but don't worry about her. She will be whole soon enough."

You gag at the thought of holding a babies body parts so you just kinda hold it by the tip of your fingers and look away. Miranda looks at you like you're overreacting but that's just cause she has no morals.

Miranda just stood there, not really paying attention to you anymore especially since she didn't really care. "Ethan Winters should be arriving soon, so be on the look out."

Ethan Winters...the name didn't really sound familiar to you but your head felt like it was searching and searching for the name to pop up somewhere and you just didn't know where else it would be.

Heisenberg saw how distressed you looked and thought you were going to get sick. "Hold on, I'll be back. Lemme grab something for you." He left the room. However, around 10 minutes he came back dragging a body behind him. "Miranda, you're going to love this."