8: Its all coming together

A sharp pain hit your head as the memories kept flooding back to you. You remember everything now, well, almost everything. As the pain finally stopped you looked up at Karl with tears rolling down your face. "I was dead wasn't I?"

He had a shocked expression from how you knew, but he nodded "Yes, we found you out in the cold. You had frozen to death. We didn't know how but you were about to become big bitch's next meal."

You shook your head "I-....no, this isn't real. There was no way I could've came back. Maybe I just passed out?"

"No, you were very much dead dead. You should've seen yourself. You looked all beat up and had frost bite all over you. I felt bad but there was nothing else to be done, we thought you were gone."

You thought for a second "This just doesn't make sense...It's not like I was just given a second chance..."

"How did you end up like that anyway? Do you remember that now?"

You did, but if you said so you would start crying again. "I'd rather not say..."

"That's alright, you don't have to." He stood up and offered to help you up "Do you remember your name?"

You did, but again, you'd prefer not to say "I think I like the one I chose better."

"Oh come on, I'm just curious." He put his hands on your shoulders again

You laugh a little "Well it doesn't matter, you're still gonna call me buttercup no matter what name I choose to go by"

"That's-....true, very true. You have a point." You both laugh with each other "Is there anything else that I need to know about what you remember?"

"I-...I don't think so. There's nothing really that I can think of at them moment." There actually was something, but if you told him then he wouldn't have taken it very lightly.

"Alright, I trust you." He had you follow him back away from where he was working. "You should probably rest some." His voice was very low and quiet.

You shook your head "Why? I feel fine! And what about you? I don't think I've ever seen you sleep before. You also need to rest."

"Buttercup, I'm fine." He replied, but you weren't having any of it.

"No Karl, you need to sleep. It's good for your health." You replied in a concerned tone.

"Fine fine, I guess it wouldn't hurt. But only on one condition...that you sleep with me."

Your face got really red, but you just played it off as a joke "Ha ha, nice joke." You looked at him and expected some response, but he looked absolutely serious. "Oh-...you're not kidding...Umm..." you stayed silent for a few seconds "Fine, I guess I could this one time."

"Good, because now you can actually sleep instead of just staring at the ceiling...Don't think that I don't notice."

Your face became even more red at this point "Yeah yeah, I call big spoon!"

"Uh-" it seemed he was a loss for words "Uh huh, whatever floats your boat buttercup."

You threw yourself onto the bed, the thing almost swallowed you whole! Those were the types of beds that you liked though. You laid there staring at the ceiling while the comfort and heavy smoke smell settled in your head.

Heisenberg sat down beside you "You good?"

"Yeah yeah, this bed is just....so comfyyyyy"

He laughed at you for a moment "I wouldn't say so. It's nice but...not to nice." He laid down beside you. "Now what was that about you being the big spoon?"

"Shut it, I'm having a moment." You say as you're just enjoying yourself while staring at the ceiling. While you meant it more like a joke and didn't realize how bad of an idea it was, it just sounded better in your head.

Within minutes you both fell asleep while Karl subconsciously wrapped his arms around you.

(I'm sorry this chapter is kinda all over the place 😅 I would also like to apologize for how I suck at writing angst, I promise there will be more of that in the future ;) )