9: I don't believe you

You woke up with the sun shining through the dirty, worn out windows of the factory. As you start to gather your thoughts together, you start to realize how close Karl is to you. He had his arms wrapped around you and had you pulled in very closely.

You didn't wanna move. He must've not waken up yet and you didn't wanna wake him. Plus, you felt comfortable like that. You felt safe in his arms. It was weird to think about but it was true.

You start to get this thought, what if he's awake and didn't wanna wake you up? Or what if he's awake and is just staying there cause he's also comfortable. The thoughts made you blush, you just had to know. "Karl?" You whispered, if he was asleep then he wouldn't hear.

All of a sudden you hear a quiet "Good morning buttercup."

"Karl!? How long were you awake?"

He shrugged "It was awhile ago, what's wrong with that?"

You just shook your head "Nothing I guess. It's kinda weird don't you think?"

He just pulled you in closer "I don't think so, you and I both know this is the best we've ever slept."

You started blushing a lot "I-I gotta get up."

He sighed and let go of you. You stood up and brushed yourself off "I've been feeling better lately, can I help you work this time?" You ask.

"Sure buttercu-" he stopped himself "I'm sorry, I forgot we have to go back to the castle today. I promise though, it's not about you. Miranda is trying to revive her lost kid or something band she thinks she found the right vessel or whatever."

You looked around till you found your stuffed dog and gripped onto it tightly "I-...At least this time won't be to bad."

"See? It won't be that terrible." He yawned "And are you ok Thistle? And not just for the fact we're going to the castle." He sat up on the bed "what's wrong?"

You stood there quietly "I'm fine, I just...I nervous, last time I went I showed my powers to everyone and she hasn't experimented on me more. I'm afraid she will."

"Trust me buttercup, she will be more concerned with getting her child back than us."

You nod "Alright, I trust you."

(Later)

You both had gotten ready and started walking back to the castle. Maybe this could be a good way to get to know all of the other lords. From what you know, the others weren't as bad as you thought. Heisenberg and Lady D never got along, but you seemed to get along with them both just fine, even if you were a 'man thing'

"Hey" Karl tapped you on the shoulder "You there?"

You must've zoned out while walking "Oh, yeah. Sorry"

He put a hand on your shoulder, "Are you sure you're ok?"

"I-" you weren't sure what to say "I honestly don't know. I've had a lot of things on my mind lately and I'm not exactly sure how to deal with it."

"Is there anyway I can help?"

You didn't answer, you just stayed quiet and kept walking. You really had lots of things on your mind, but you felt like you couldn't say them out loud.

Karl got an idea and started walking the other way. You stopped and stood there confused "Uh-, the castle is the other way?"

"I know, I'm not going."

You run to try and catch up "What do you mean? Don't you have to go or Miranda will get mad?"

"Well yeah, but I'm sure they'll do fine without us. You clearly aren't feeling good enough to go, so we're not going to."

"Karl, I'm fine. I promise."

"I don't believe you, plus, I don't think Mother Miranda would even notice we're gone."

"But what if she does? What happens then?"

"It doesn't matter Thistle, I'm not letting you have another breakdown because of that bitch Miranda."

"And I'm not gonna let you get hurt because of her, I won't breakdown this time!"

He stops in his tracks and turns to face you. "Can I tell you something?"

Your face starts to turn red "Uh- sure?"

He slowly puts a hand on your cheek, "I- I really like you, and I mean it. Just please promise me we'll go home and forget about that stupid bitch."

You stand there speechless. Did he really just say that? There was no way you could say no. You subconsciously start to lean closer to him. "I-....I promise"

"Good, let's go then." He let go of your face and walked off towards the factory.

You stood there in disbelief "Wait! Hold on a sec!" You caught up to him "Wait!" You made him stop

He stopped and looked down at you "Yes buttercup?"

You stand there, debating weather or not this is the right thing to do. If you didn't do this now, it would never happen.

You finally pull him in for a kiss.

(Sorry this chapter is a few days late, I've been on vacation. Don't worry, I'll try to get the other ones on time 😅)