11: Just breathe

Heisenberg's demeanor quickly changed, "What?"

You coughed some more and tried to catch your breath "Yeah, I'm not breathing very well."

"Buttercup! You have to take that thing off! Did you sleep in it!?"

"Yeah, I didn't see a problem with it."

"Thistle! Your ribs can get crushed!" He ran over to you "Let's get that thing off of you right now." He attempted to help you get it off.

"What, no. Stop! I wanna keep it on!" You say as you push him away.

"Thistle, if you don't let me take this off of you then you could die. You can't wear these for long periods of time. That's why you can't breathe."

"Well, I'm just short of breath. I'll live."

"You might not, now take it off!" He finally managed to get it off.

You took a deep breath in and kept coughing "What the hell Karl?" You put your shirt back on and covered your chest with your arms. "I wanted to keep it on!"

"Well I'm not letting you die alright!" He sighed as he calmed down "You need to be off of that for awhile, you might get seriously hurt and that's not worth it."

You stayed quiet "I'm...I'm sorry. I just wanted to keep feeling better and didn't think about the consequences."

He put both of his hands on your shoulders "Just promise me you won't hurt yourself anymore."

"I promise, and you need to stop worrying about me so much."

"I worry about you because you do shit like this." He lightly kissed your forehead "Dumbass."

"I'll be fine, I promise."

He smiled and nodded "Good, now I still have some work to do so I'll see you when I'm done."

"Can I help? I wanna learn how to do metal things."

"Sure, why not." He handed you a pair of steampunk looking safety goggles "You're gonna need these."

"Wha- why? You don't wear any!"

"Just trust me, you'll need them."

He took you over to what he was working on. For hours he taught you how to weld things together and whatever else he did. He showed you all of his Soldats and how he made them and you even got to help in making a design for a new one.

"Can we not give this one a very obvious red light in the middle of it?" You say as he's busy with something.

"Why? That's where the power comes from."

"Well yeah, I get that, but if someone were to break in and break everything then it wouldn't be that hard."

He was quiet for a few seconds "You have a good point...but it's too late for that cause I put that on everything.."

"God damnit Karl..."

Some more hours have passed and it was getting very dark. You yawned and was nodding off while sitting at one of the workbenches.

"You can go ahead to bed, I'll be there in a minute so don't worry about me."

You yawn again, "Alright, but please be there soon."

You make your way over to the bed that apparently you and Heisenberg shared now. You found your stuffed dog and got in the bed. It was no time before you feel asleep.

Meanwhile, Heisenberg pretty much stayed up all night. He had strayed away from what he was working on previously and went straight to researching.

He did that all night before the sun rose and he broke into the room with a blueprint.

You jumped awake and started breathing heavily "What the hell is wrong with you!?"

He had an abnormally large smile on his face as he held the blueprint. "I'm overjoyed! Soon after I'm done you'll never need to wear that stupid rib crusher ever again!"

(Thank you guys so much for 500 reads! This is amazing! 😆 I hope you guys are enjoying the story, and if there's anything else that you'd like to see then please let me know. Like I said before this is the first fanfiction I've written since 5th grade so I'm still new to this 😅)