15: A new visitor

You sat on the same couch you always had plenty of times, this time however it just felt different. Miranda's words started to haunt your head. Not just the whole 'release the lycans' part, but everything about it. She would call you all her children, but at the end of the day it was all bullshit. She didn't care about you guys. I mean, we been knew, but now it's finally showing through.

Heisenberg had been pacing back and forth in front of you ever since you guys have been home. You can tell he felt guilty about what had happened. He has never been a people person but at least he has morals. You just figured it was best to just stay quiet and let him think.

Ha ha, jk. There was something you wanted to know that had just been eating you alive. "Miranda said she's expecting someone tomorrow, do you have a clue who it could be?"

Heisenberg stopped pacing for a second. "I'm not exactly sure, I don't remember his name but I heard he's the babies father or something...I'd rather not think about it right now."

Wow, Miranda just keeps getting better and better doesn't she? Not only are you just figuring out that the 'perfect vessel' is a literal BABY, it's a baby that has been kidnapped from her home. Yeah, totally an ok thing to do.

You look back up at Karl and he has just continued to pace. You watched him for a second before standing up and stood in his way to try and get him to stop. It worked and he just stood there looking down at you.

"Ya need something buttercup?" He didn't look very amused while saying that.

"We can't just stand around doing nothing. There has to be something we can do!"

"Look around! The village was destroyed in under half an hour and we're literally now just being used to make sure the guy coming doesn't disrupt Miranda's plan until we die ourselves!" He realized how loud he was being and tried to calm himself down, "I'm sorry...but when it comes to Miranda we're pretty much screwed. She basically has us attached by a string and unless we can cut it there's nothing we can do..."

You just stand there with the gears turning in your head. He's right...it seems like there's absolutely nothing we can do...unless- "What if...what if we had some backup? I mean, you're already making that huge army right? That's gotta do something at least. Plus, everyone else isn't liking this either. Maybe we could get them to side with us this time?"

"No, there's no way. They're attached at Miranda's hip. Even at these times they're not going to listen to me."

"Well, even so. Miranda's powerful, sure, but so are we. Isn't there also power in numbers? We have a whole army behind us, and I hate to say this but with the village cleared out we can use them to make our army stronger. Karl, we can do this."

Heisenberg just sighed and shook his head, "Thistle...how- how can you possibly be positive at this time?"

"Well- I'm still scared sure...but with you I feel like we can maybe do this. If there's any chance we can make it then we need to keep fighting for it...for- for us as well. You've done so much for me Karl, please let me pay you back by fighting by your side."

In the first time in hours, Heisenberg smiled at you. "Alright, let's do this." You jump for joy and squeal with excitement before getting shut up by Karl, "But, we have another problem. We have no clue what the guy is capable of. If he's the blood father of the perfect vessel then he's gotta be powerful as well. He's gonna see us and think we're in on the bitch's plan as well. I have a feeling he'll be trouble."

A smirk grows on your face, "You know, I think I have an idea."