HOPE

sunā rahē hain unheñ jhūT-mūT ik qissa

ki ek shaḳhs mohabbat meñ kāmyāb rahā

Monsoon had started it's magic in that small hill station. Whole Valley had turned lush green and everything felt new as rain has washed away drowsiness of nature.

Monsoon was always her favourite season

Most of the times when no one was watching Priya used to stand hours in rain..

What intrigued her most about the rain was story of drops..
She had always imagined raindrops travelling thousands of kilometres all the way from ocean just to meet her.

All the hard work of drops just to fall at a random place and destroy it's existence.No other purpose... just like my life...

Suddenly Kinjal tapped on her shoulder which broke her sequence of thoughts.

'Where are you lost?' Kinjal whispered

This brought back to her reality where she was sitting in lecture, lost in her thoughts watching rain through window. Thankfully lecturer hasn't noticed her. She nodded her head and tried to concentrate on topic.

'You have to come help me in shopping' Kinjal spoke as soon as class got ended. 'Not much time left in my wedding day and your choices are much much better than mine, please.. please.. please'

'you know mom will be angry if I stay late.'

'Don't worry I will talk to her'

'Yah right! Like you are her best friend'

Kinjal mimicked disgust which made Priya laugh.

As they both were walking towards College gate, Priya noticed Arjun standing there in civilian dress probably looking for her. He smiled at her sight. She hesitated and walked towards him...

'Hey!' Arjun whispered when she approached

'Hey!' Arjun whispered when she approached. Suddenly due to no perticular reason his cheeks started burning. For few seconds he was trying to remember what he was doing there.

'Hi ! This is my friend Kinjal' Priya started introduction. 'Kinjal this is Arjun Sir, he is the one handling my testimony.'

'Hello' Kinjal greeted back.

Arjun smiled back and after recollecting himself spoke ' Actually I forgot to take your signature on one of the papers.'

But that was not entirely true. He deliberately hid one in hopes of one another meeting. An excuse to see her. A little guilt of butterfly rose from his stomach.

What if she caught his white lie...

'Oh! Sure, where to sign?'

'Actually if you don't mind can we do this somewhere else like over a coffee or something..' after taking a pause he said ' This might take some time.. if you don't mind..'

'Umm..' Priya got a bit nervous over this. This was unexpected. She has never gone with anyone anywhere. She didn't know how to deny without sounding rude..

'I know a place if you take my suggestion' Kinjal jumped in between..

Priya looked at her in suprised. She eyed her asking why she was doing this. Kinjal smiled coyly.
This girl is totally mad.

'Fantastic! Let's go' Arjun said Little excited.

Kinjal held her hand and walked towards cafe. Priya followed them dumbfounded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Abhay was in meeting with biggest cartel of North India. He needed to have arms and ammunition if wanted to make it big. The main issue was funding for him. Although his fortune was sitting and eating dust in his trust. He couldn't touch his own money. His birth right locked away and snatched from him.

There was only one way of making quick bucks in this market without getting noticed was trading of Guns. Many wanted it but it was hard to get good quality. He was discussing the route till his phone started buzzing. It was Lalit.

He picked up the call without saying anything which was a signal for other side to convey his message..

'Bhaiya, I have got the name who is testifying'

Abhay's jaws got clenched in anticipation.

Finally..

'some girl named Priya Sharma. I have got her address too.. tell me what to do?'

'let me come' Abhay cut the line.

A girl? That officer was jumping on the testimony of a girl..What a joke.

He got relaxed. This was easy for him. Maybe he was worried for nothing. A strong word was enough to scare this last tiny problem. A fly on wall.

He went on with his discussion knowing nothing can stop him now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'What was need for you to tell about cafe. This could have easily be signed anywhere' Priya complained when both were returning.

' Exactly my jaan! That was one paper. Could have easily be signed anywhere. Did you not noticed how sleekly he asked you out' Kinjal smiled

'I think he likes you' Kinjal teases her.

'oh stop it! You always do this. Why would he like me?' Priya looked away . She didn't like this type of conversations. Liking each other or playing crushes were always seemed so superficial to her.

When life gives no compassion, heart stops believing. Hope was Priya's greatest fear. She had always stopped herself from hope. She expected worst and when in return a little bad happened, that too felt like a blessing.

Kinjal was watching Priya's lost expression. She knew what she was going through. She had always tried to make her happy. Kinjal didn't had any sister but she loved Priya more than that. She has grown with her. Watching her going through difficulties.

And now that she is going to get married and be separated from her friend she felt like it was her duty to find peace for her. A hope.

And today she saw that hope in form of Arjun. She felt like he was the one for her.
She has to make them happen..

Her one last tribute to friendship.