WITNESS

mere siine meñ nahīñ to tere siine meñ sahī

ho kahīñ bhī aag lekin aag jalnī chāhiye

38 people... Thirty eight. How come everyone forgot what the killer looked like, standing in range of maximum hundred meters.

Arjun was driving his vehicle cursing the cowardice of mob.
Only one person to go.

~~~

'Where is your mind at? What the hell are you doing?' Priya snapped out of her thoughts by her mother's coarsed voice.

The milk was flowing through the brim of pot after boiling. Priya flinched and turned off the gas. She was lost ever since she heard that date of her marriage being fixed.

'Do you think money grows on tree. Have you sworn to waste as much of our money as possible?' bitterness in her voice was piercing.

Money... The root cause of all her life's problem. Appearantly that's all what it takes to claim her, to take her without her will.

Although her father had initially resisted but seems like her mother can be very very stubborn. The condition of her father was deteriorating very sharply. No matter how much she cares, his coughings seems to worsen.

I am loosing this battle very fast. Maybe that's how I am supposed to live my life. May be I should stop thinking and let go. A tear fell off her eyes without her permission.

Letting go.. that's what's she has successfully mastered over the years of practice.

~~~~~~

Arjun reached at the gate of Almora College and straightforward headed towards Dean's office. He had name of one student whom he had to talk to - Priya Sharma

Today's clock was moving very slow for Raj. He was impatiently waiting for it to be over. It was time to talk to Priya directly.

'Will you meet me at the ground behind library at 5? I have something important to talk to you about.' Raj asked Priya as soon as professor left the class.

' What is it? Tell me now' Priya was surprised at this absurd demand.
'Please, just come ok? Trust me.' He whispered not to be heard by anyone.

'But...' Priya started but a voice from loudspeaker broke their conversation.

'Miss Priya Sharma. Please approch to Dean's office wherever you are'

What is this new fresh mess! Priya took steps in hesitation.

~~~~~~~~

Lalit had counted his numbers many times but he knew he possibly couldn't win this. Although many swore to vote for him but he knew that they just were frightened of his guns and probably will fluke him once the actual voting started.

Time to bring the big guns to sword fight.

~~~~~~~~~

A

faint knock on door sounded and door opened.

'Officer meet Miss Priya Sharma, ask her what you want to know, I will be outside' Dean stood up and shook his hand.