COURAGE

Lõg jīs hāāl me mārne kī duā karte hain
Hūmnē ūss hããl me jīñē ki kāsām khayi hai

Priya was looking at Kinjal in bewilderment. She was sitting in Kinjal's room.
'You really agreed to this marriage proposal? So you really were serious?' Priya was surprised on this sudden news.

'Yes darling ! Although my to be in-laws were insisting that marriage should be arranged early.' Kinjal was digging something her wardrobe.

'Are you too going to leave me?' Priya's disappointment brimming through her voice.

'Aww! I won't leave you my jaan ever. I will sneak you in' she came and hugged Priya.
'And please no need to get involved with Police and this case anyway. Leave justice to people who can afford it. We can't you know? So forget it and deny that you saw anything'. Kinjal warned Priya.

Priya nodded slightly, she had told her earlier conversation with Arjun and Kinjal has outright forbade Priya to get involved into anything stupid.

But Priya hated this situation. She saw everything happening right in front of her eyes. All her life she was a mute spectator but atleast all the bad things that were happening were not life threatening. And here that man has took a life right in front of her and she is to be asked to tell the truth. Will she remain silent ? Isn't remaining silent will be as sinful as telling a lie and denying it.

That night when he came to her room flashed back in front of her. Infact not a night goes by when that man doesn't come in her thoughts. She has started keeping lights of her room in ON state since that night. He barely spoke a line but he was so intimidating to her that she couldn't even scream. That night her silence save her because god knows what would have happened if she would have told anyone.

Lost in her thoughts she was going for the class. Suddenly she felt a tap on her shoulder.

Raj was walking along her smiling , ' Hello ! Earth to Priya. Can you hear me. '

'oh.. yah.. I was..' Priya stuttered.

'Umm .. lost? or ignoring me? ' Raj remarked.

They were standing in front of physics department where now Priya noticed was unusually crowded. A lot of student were gathered in a circle and they were probably watching something.

'Earth to Priya again ! We lost the connection again' Raj tried to drag her attention.

'sorry I was distracted by crowd. Don't know what's happening.' Priya started to say but Raj wasn't paying attention.

He said again ' You didn't come yesterday evening. I asked you to meet. Ummm.. any perticular reason?'

The noise coming from the crowd was increasing slowly.

' Well,Raj you can say whatever you want, anywhere, we are friends and truth be told something came up.' She had totally forgotten her schedule after her meeting with Arjun.

Raj opened his mouth to say something but suddenly noise errupted from crowd louder and it sounded like someone was being beaten up. Raj and Priya both were trying to look towards center of crowd to see what the Matter was. After few seconds some people shifted which allowed them to view the actual scene.

A boy who Priya knew was a strong contender of Presidency election was sitting on his knees and holding his head between his arms pleading and sobbing. He was beaten black and blue. He was kneeling before a SUV, few muscular guys were standing looking at him who were the ones beating the guy.
And on the bonnet of the car she saw Him. The man of her nightmares.

'I will take my name back.. I .. I promise.' the guy was pleading on the ground.

Fear gripped her heart which within seconds turned into helpless anger. How can someone be so careless to terrorize anyone in Broad daylight. Why isn't anyone doing anything? How come no one saves him.

She muttered to Raj 'Who is that person?'

'You don't know him? Most people know. He is biggest mafia type person of this area. Even Police are afraid of him. His name is ABHAY SINGH RATHORE'. Raj kept telling something but Priya wasn't listening.

In that moment,She knew what she had to do.

Arjun was flipping the witness profile once again. He had tried to convince so many people but they all seemed so afraid and no one was willing to testify. His eyes got fixed on last page on Priya's profile. He had maybe expected too much from a girl. Of course she wasn't going to testify when so many well-to-do persons denied.

He was so close to answers but he felt like a blind man. All answers were before him but he couldn't see.

If only..

Suddenly his mobile started ringing. He picked up the call.

'Hello'

'Hello, who's there?' he asked second time.

A sweet voice errupted from other side: ' Hello Arjun sir, This is Priya speaking.'

'To what do I owe the pleasure! Did your conscious knocked ?' Arjun teased her.

'My conscious never stopped knocking Sir. I needed a lot of courage to do what I am about to do
I just wanted to inform you that the person you are looking is named Abhay Singh Rathore and I am willing to testify.' Priya omitted all the information in one breath.

'Do not say any other word over phone Priya. I will see you soon. And do not discuss this with anyone. It's not safe.' Arjun said and cut the phone.

Got you Mr. Rathore. Arjun thought delited.

It takes one crack in glass to break it.

Arjun had felt a chilling fear in her voice. Yet he couldn't help but admire her determination.

Courage sometimes comes from the people you think as weakest.

🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀
Author's Note

There might be some delay in upcoming chapters as I am going with some personal stuff but I will keep updating.
Please share your opinions and views it encourages me to move forward. Love love love 💕💕💕
🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀