College & Politics

When they reached at college gate, there was more than usual hustle and bustle.

'What's going on?' Priya asked Kinjal.
' Don't you remember? Campaign for the college president is Starting from today.' Kinjal reminded her

What was the use of politics inside college boundaries. She never understood. But professor Patel says it's the first step towards democracy. He says students can learn about democratic process within college walls and how to exercise power that comes within it .

Power and Politics, as far as her understanding goes both should be seperated. It's a duty of public representatives to be in service rather than to be in Power. But.. world goes opposite than her beliefs, it seems.

Almora college presidency election were notorious in the town. It came with its own cost. Young guys filled with adrenaline were totally inexperienced for burden of democratic practices. It was more of chance to demonstrate their fighting practices. Rivalry and divide among student bodies used to reach it's peak during these times.

Priya has nothing to do with this. She is going to attend her classes, keep her head down and steer clear of all the rukus.

Kinjal suddenly stopped Priya on the way. Priya came out of her thoughts and looked towards her. Kinjal had an expression of lost puppy and soon Priya knew the reason.

Raj was walking towards them. Kinjal has a massive crush on him. Raj doesn't know.

'Hi, beautiful girls, going to class? Can I join?' he smiled

'Sure, How come you decided to join us today' Kinjal smiled back.
' I have always tried but some people always walk five foot away' he looked at Priya. Priya smiled and started walking towards class.

Raj was a heartthrob of college girls. Where ever he went he always found some girls wanting to talk to him for one reason or another. He enjoyed the attention but his eyes were always searching for Priya. He couldn't stop himself staring her in classes. But she never looked him that way. She was mostly engaged in her studies and goes straight to her home after college. Numerous times Raj tried to ask her out but he got shut out every time.

Priya was top student in her class and every professor of college used to examplify her in front of other students.

' Hey girls would you mind if I invite you for party at my house tomorrow? It's my birthday tomorrow.' He said walking along side both friends.

Excitement from Kinjal's face was obvious. She turned towards Priya pleading with her puppy eyes. Priya eyed her. Then spoke ' You guys go ahead, I have some important work tomorrow. Sorry, Raj. Happy Birthday in advance' she smiled a bit and increased her pace.

All I could do was try and there's always next time - Raj thought

Kahin to hogi wo duniya jahan tu mere sath hai 🎵🎵🎵