The Truth

Emily's POV
    I now know that Liam is alive, and that is all I can think of. I know what Luther has done to me. I can feel his magical connection to me. I know everything that Hiroen knew. Hiroen! I look over to him, but he has not awoken.
    "Hiroen?" I touch his shoulder. He doesn't wake up. Come on Hiroen, wake up.
    "Hiroen." I say it louder and shake him harder. I feel everyone's eyes waiting for him to move. I need you to wake up. Come on. I shake harder. What can I do? Magic, what can magic do?
    "I can bring him back." I say more to myself than anyone else. I kneel behind his head and place my fingers on the side of his temple. I close my eyes and clear my mind.
    "Hiroen" I say trying to connect in his mind. I focus on my connection to Hiroen. Suddenly I am thrusted into a dark room. A room with no floor and no ceiling, just black.
    "Hiroen?" My voices echos through the darkness.
    "Hiroen!" I hear a muffled response in the darkness.
    "Hiroen, is that you?"
    "Emily." I hear him. Faint but here. I see a light pulsing, like a heart beat. Slow and steady. I go towards the light. The light is coming from a purple stone on a necklace.
    "Emily" I hear my name again. I know this necklace. I pull myself out of Hiroen's mind. I see everyone still staring at us.
    "Mom, what did you do with that necklace we found in the attic?"
    "Actually I kept it on me. I couldn't find a place to hide it." She reaches into her pocket and pulls out the necklace. I smile.
    "Awesome." I take the necklace. With Hiroens memories, I know what to do. I put the necklace on. I need to transfer the magic that is in the stone to Hiroen. I kneel behind his head again and place my fingers on his temples. I close my eyes and focuse on the magic inside the necklace. I can feel the magic pouring into me from the necklace as I shift it into Hiroen. As soon as I'm done there is a flash of light and I am pushed backwards. I open my eyes to Hiroen sitting up.
    "Hiroen."
    "I'm alright, I just need a minute." He says. I feel relief and take a few breaths.
    "I'm guessing it worked." Miranda looks at me.
    "Yes, I know everything now." I say. It's strange to have this new set of knowledge. I know all about Hiroen's relationship with Miranda, about him watching over his daughter, my grandmother. I know about his fights with Luther and the Pures. I know everyone in the Dawn. I know where he has been all this time. Hiroen is standing up now.
    "So she knows magic now, what now?" My mom asks.
    "We must keep her safe." Vasylia says.
    "We can't keep her in hiding her whole life." Ryfin says.
    "What about the foretold events? What if she can stop them?" Carmen adds.
    "I need my mate." Everyone turns to me. I know it sounds selfish, but I know I would be stronger with him.
    "She's right. If she is to help, she needs to be with her mate. And out of Luthers spell."
    "We don't even know where he is. And she will blow her cover. Luther doesn't know she knows magic. He doesn't know we know about her mate. We can't lose the element of surprise." Miranda says.
    "So we won't blow my cover. I will continue to play the part, while you all find my mate. I'm certain with the combined magical abilities of the Dawn you can find one werewolf." They look at eachother.
    "That could work." Miranda says.
    "So we just go pack to the pack and pretend like nothing is going on while we wait for them to find Liam?" My mom asks.
    "Yes."
    "And the Alpha Announcement? Mike?"
    "We'll pretend. I just need Liam. I can feel him more now, but he's still guarded. Like he's a shadow in my mind."
    "Then let's head back so we're back before dark." My mom and I head for the door, Hiroen and Carmen follow. We get outside and everyone has cleared a path for us, no one is talking, just watching. I still can't get over how strange it is to have memories of people I have never met. When we get to the shield, Carmen takes my mom through.
    "Emily." Hiroen says.
    "Don't worry, I'm not going to tell her why you did what you did. She needs to hear it from you." I reply.
    "Thank you. I will tell her, I just—" I cut him off.
    "If you are looking for the right moment, I don't know if there ever will be."
    "Talking to you now, is like talking to myself. It, it's strange."
    I chuckle in agreement "What's strange, is having all these memories of someone else's life in my head. It's hard to know which are mine and which are yours."
    "My advice, just take them all as yours now. You'll waste too much energy trying to keep them separate."
    "I'll try."
    "And Emily.." Hiroen pauses. "The memories about becoming the tribrid..." He pauses again unsure of how to say it. I fill in the words for him.
    "You mean the part where I have to die."
    "Yeah that part. You don't have to."
    "If I have to die, I will. That's the thing I've learned about life. You just have to take it head on." I know now what I have to do, I just need everything out in the open. My mom and I get into the car and head home. The drive home is quiet, but for a different reason this time. I know my mom wants to ask me, but I know she won't. I know I'm not going to give her the answers she wants. We pull up to the pack lands. Mom pulls up to the house.
    "Are you going to stay the night again."
    "No, I'm going to go get some food take a bath and go to sleep. Tomorrow is the Alpha announcement, and I need to get ready."
    "What are you going to do about Mike?"
    "As long as they don't know what I know, then we have the upper hand." I place my hand on my moms.
    "It will be alright." I know a lot more about the danger of this situation than my mom right now. In this moment I lie to my mom. I feel like this is the moment in my life where it all becomes bigger than myself. I get out of my moms car and head to the pack house. The sun is low in the sky, casting deep reds and oranges across the sky. The cafeteria wasn't busy, they must still be at training. Good, I want to avoid as many people as possible. I take a seat as food is placed in front of me. I am so preoccupied, I barely remember eating. I head upstairs to my room. I turn on the bath  and let to tub fill up. I was about to get undressed when a piece of paper slides under my door. I pick it up and read it.
    "Meet me tomorrow, after the announcement. Where we were supposed to meet before. Tell no one. Trust no one.
    -B"
    B, who's B? I open the door to see if I see anyone, but the hall is clear. Think think. It could be Brody. He's the only B I can think of, and I know where to meet him. Trust no one. Don't worry Brody, I already don't. I close my door and lock it. I tear up the note and throw it in the toilet and flush it. I get undressed and get in the tub. After the bath I get into bed and lay there thinking about tomorrow. My mind keeps drifting the Liam. What is he doing right now. I know spells now that I could try and tap into him. But what if I do and I find out he's happy or with someone else?