Dinner with the Alpha

Emily's POV
    We freshen up and head to the Alpha house. I try to push everything I have learned today to the back of my mind, which is easier said than done. We are met at the door by my dad.
    "There are my two favorite girls." He kisses us on both our cheeks.
    "How was the shopping?" He asks.
    "It was.. successful." My mom says kissing him back with a smile. She is good at this.
    "So does that mean you found a dress for the announcement?" Mike asks as he walks over to us.

  I can do this, I can do this.

  "We definitely found an option." I smile.
  That was good, right?

  "Maybe next time I could join you?" I hear the Luna say from behind Mike.
    "Of course! My mom interjects. "I've just missed having Emily around. I'm glad we got to spend time together today." My mom smiles.
  She is really good at this.

    "Well let's go sit down for dinner! I'm starving." Alpha James says.
  Mike places his hand at the small of my back and leads me to the table. I feel our mate bond tingle through my body and it comforts my anxieties.
  Why do I keep forgetting about our mate bond?
  We all walk over to the table, Mike pulls my chair out for me and then sits next to me. An omega serves us all a plate of food and we start eating. My parents are talking to the Alpha and Luna.
    "So I was hoping we could go on one more date before the Alpha Announcement in a few days. I've been getting this weird feeling between us. Is something wrong?" Mike asks.
    "Nothing is wrong. I've just been learning some stuff about my family that I didn't know before." I say. Which is true. I also wanted to know how much Mike knew about it.
    "You mean about your great great grandfather?" He asks.
  So he does know about Hiroen, which means either the Alpha or the Luna told him about my family.
    "Yes, I had one dream a little while ago and I told my mom about it. That sort of sparked some conversations and she ended up telling me about him.. I just wanted to know more.. you know?" I say. Mike looks down at his food.
    "Good." He whispers, I almost miss it. His eyes look up to his parents and then back down to his food.
  Mike changes the subject to my dress and the Alpha Announcement and a potential date. We chat and talk about the up coming Alpha Announcement. Mike leans in and whispers.
    "They could talk about this event for days."
    "Aren't you looking forward to it?" I ask.
    "Honestly, I'm a bit preoccupied."
    "Preoccupied? With what?" I ask. He looks a bit nervous and he glances around the room.
    "Let's go for a walk." He takes my hand and we sneak away from the table. We walk out the front door and into the crisp night air. The sounds of crickets and frogs surround us. The moon is bright and high in the sky. I love the pack lands at night, everything is calm and still. Mike and I walk towards the lake in silence.

  Should I say something? Maybe he's escaping his family and is enjoying the quiet? I wish I could read his mind. I wonder if there is a spell for that? I'm kinda looking forward to looking through that book. Before I know it, Mike and I are standing at the edge of the lake where we shared our first kiss.
    "Emily. Do you think you can love me again?" He asks out of nowhere.
  I can't help but think poor Mike. This must be what is preoccupying him. If only he had a normal mate. I take his hand in mine and look up into his green eyes. His eyes were similar to Liam's, but they're a darker shade of green. Liam had bits of gold in his eyes.
    "I think I will. I'm so sorry Mike. I want to be a better mate to you." I say. He smiles at me.
    "You will be. And you'll the best Luna." He squeezes my hand.
    "Let's go on that date, but this time let's stay in?" I say.
    "Really? How's tomorrow? After that it will be too close to the Announcement to really plan anything." He says.
    "Sure. It's a date." I say trying to be corny. He bumps my shoulder and chuckles.
    "Nothing like a good old dad joke." He says.
  I cup his cheek and turn his head towards mine. "Im looking forward to our date." Mike kisses my forehead and it feels like my whole body breathes in deeply and my knees get a little weak. I find it strange how when Mike is not around me I forget all about our mate bond, but when I'm with him it is so strong it almost cripples me. We spend a few more minutes at the lake just staring out over the water.
    "Emily, could you maybe stay with me again? I slept so well last night." Mike says. I stand there and think about it for a moment. I did sleep pretty well, he is my mate and best friend, and this will help keep up appearances.
    "Ok, yeah we can share a bed tonight." I say. He smiles and squeezes my hand again. He puts his arm around my shoulder and we head back to the Alpha house. We walk in and find everyone gone.
    "I guess they went to bed." Mike says.
    "Do you want to sleep in my bed or yours?" He asks.
    "Let's sleep in yours again. I'll go get changed and meet you in there." I say as we walk up the stairs.
    "Sure thing." He kisses my cheek when we get to the top of the stairs. I smile and head to my room. I wash my face and change into some night clothes. I make my way to Mikes room. I run into Luna Jackie before I get to Mikes door.
    "Oh Emily are you going to Mikes room?"  She asks with a smile.
    "Yes, the mate bond relaxes me." I remember when Liam and I were first mates and I moved into the Alpha house. I had my own room, but I spent almost every night in Liam's bed. There were a few times I ran into her in the hallway. She would just give me a knowing smile, but wouldn't say much.
    "Oh that's wonderful dear. I know what a hard time it's been for both of you.. Dear,  I wanted to ask, have you had anymore dreams like the one you had before?" She asks.

  Interesting.

    "Oh, no actually. Just the one. Why do you ask?" I look at her. I wonder if she knows the prophecy? I wonder how I could find out what it is, since no one wants to tell me.
    "No reason dear. I just want to make sure you are getting proper sleep." She look at me for a second, as if she's trying to read my expression. I just smile. "Well have a good night Emily." She says.
   I walk into Mikes room and he is in bed waiting for me.
    "Who were you talking to?" He asks.
    "Oh, your mom caught me in the hallway." I say making my way to the side of the bed. I get in and Mike wraps his arm around me. The tingles of the mate bond calm and relax me. Mikes hand rests on my hip and his other arm is wrapped under my head. I feel Mikes breath on my shoulder. I feel him kiss my shoulder and it's like a warmth washes over me. I scoot closer to him and he kisses me a few more times before his hand trails up my side and wraps around me to pull my body up against his. I can feel his excitement for me rub up against my back. The air in the room is intoxicating.
  I feel like I am getting drunk off the mate bond and the familiarity of Mike's touch.
  Mike trails his kisses to the crook of my neck. I tilt my neck to give him better access. His lips get to my mark spot and I let out a moan. I am getting carried away. I feel Mikes hand reach up under my shirt and cup my br**st. I know he can smell my arousal. I need to get control of myself, I haven't been so lost in the moment in a long time. I place my hand on Mikes and pull away slightly. I turn and look at him.
    "I'm sorry Em. Just the way you smell and then your moan. I couldn't stop." He says.
    "I know. It's ok. I leaned into it too." I say placing my hand on his chest. His hand is back on my hip. We are staring into each others eyes.
   Our lips touch and it's like fireworks going off. Mike cups his hand around the back of my neck deepening the kiss. I wrap my leg around his side and he pulls me in. His tongue enters my mouth as my tongue explores his. His hand moves down to my a** and grabs it firmly. The air is thick with his scent and his touch is causing wave after wave of warm electricity to crash over my body. I want him so bad I can feel myself getting wet in anticipation of him. He rolls on top of me without breaking our kiss. He is in between my legs and pressing himself on to me. I can feel him between our layers of clothes. His hand goes under my shirt and up to my br**st. He exposes my chest and finally breaks our kiss. Before I could say anything, his mouth is on my nipple and I arch my back to the pleasure exploding inside me. This feels like nothing I have ever felt before. I let out a moan and my eyes roll to the back of my head. This feels so good. I want him, I want all of him inside me. His other hand goes in between my legs over my shorts, he rubs my cl*t. I grind my hips up against his fingers. I am so wet, I'm afraid I might soak through my shorts. I let out another moan, I can't stop this, I want it. I feel his hand at the waist band of my shorts. Once he feels how wet I am for him, he won't be able to hold back anymore. I am panting and trying to find the air to fill my lungs.
    "Mike." I manage to whisper. He slides his hand under my waist band and in between my legs. I hear him growl in pleasure from feeling how excited I am. He lifts his head up to me and I see his eyes are black and full of lust. Before I say anything two of his fingers are slide inside me. I close my eyes at the pure ecstasy of the feeling. His other hand cups my breast as he lays kisses on my marked spot. He slides his fingers in and out of me as I moan with each movement. He kisses down my body, stopping at the bre**t for awhile. I was getting so wet, I knew my shorts were ruined. He pulled back completely for a moment and took my shorts off. Finally I had a clear enough head to try and get control of the situation.
    "Mike I think we should." But then Mike had his head between my legs and his mouth latched on to my cl*t. His fingers went back inside me and I arched my back again from the pleasure. I let out a louder moan. Everything was fuzzy and I couldn't think about anything but the heat and the pleasure. The tingles and heat were building up inside me. I want to feel him deep inside me in this very moment. His tongue twirled around and he sucked. He inserted 3 fingers in me now. I could barely contain myself any longer. I was about to release. The only thing I could say was.
    "Oh f-f-fuck." And I came. Hard. It felt like a dam breaking free. I moaned as I finished. My body falls limp and I lay there panting. Mike gets up and goes to the bathroom, I barely notice him leave. He comes back and gets into bed. We're silent for a moment. Now that the heat of the moment is over, I'm worried about what we've done. I feel ashamed. Like I'm some teen that can't control her hormones.
    "Em, I'm sorry please don't leave." Mike breaks the silence first. I look at him surprised.
    "Don't be sorry. I could have stopped you. I fed into it as much as you." I say to reassure him.
    "Don't leave." He says again.
    "I'm not going to leave. We just can't do that again. Not yet." I say. Mike nods in agreement.
    "It won't. I'm sorry. It just felt so good to pleasure you." He said. I could feel my face blushing. I stand up and go to the bathroom. I clean myself up and get back into bed.
    "I love you Em. I always have." He says.
    "I love you too." I say. I roll over and close my eyes.