The Charmed Chain

Start from the beginning

       "Okay." I chirped simply.

The man stared at me, practically blowing steam from his ears in anger. He roughly grabbed my upper arm, yanking me forward as he turned and began to stomp down the hall.

I winced at his grip, and had to quite literally bite my tongue to keep from making another snarky comment to him.

When we made it to the horribly pink bedroom, the yellow haired Guard practically tossed me inside. I frowned at his aggression, and rolled my eyes when the door literally slammed shut behind me.

"Goodness." I mumbled to myself.

A heavy breath left my lips as I went to sit on the bed. Alexander is safe now. Minaya is safe now. And Bron will come for me. All I have to do is somehow stall the Mating Ceremony that Speerburn has planned for us.

A chill ran down my spine at the thought.

But then again, I'm sure my earlier actions have already postponed the event, right? After all, Minaya was supposed to be the one preparing me for it. Would Speerburn move the date, knowing two people are now missing from his Castle?

Has Speerburn already figured it out?

       If he hadn't, he would soon. I'm sure the Guards had more cruel plans for Alex today - Surely they'd visit his cell soon...

       I flopped backward onto the bed. Nervousness and anxiety filled me with each passing second. I folded my hands together over my stomach as I stared at the pink ceiling.

       I wasn't afraid.

       I wasn't afraid; It was just the waiting that got to me. Any second the King would come bursting in the door, and announcing when this 'Ceremony' would be taking place.

       What even was this Ceremony?

       He couldn't fully claim me... Not when I'm not his true Mate. Right...?

Was that possible?

       For a while, I let my mind drift away in a series of rushed thoughts. Did Alex and Minaya find Bron or our family yet? Were they all angry with Alex? Has Speerburn discovered his absence from the cells yet? What is Bron doing right now? Has Otis healed?

Those thoughts bounced around my mind for some time. So many questions filled my head, frustrating me to no end. Eventually, the heavy thinking wore me down and my eyes began to flutter shut on their own accord.

I had no clue that I had briefly fallen asleep until a loud noise frightened me awake.

A harsh banging sounded from the other side of the door. In an instant, sleep entirely left my mind and I shot up into a sitting position, eyes locking onto the source of the noise.

     "The King demands your presence. Ready yourself." A random Guard yelled through the wood.

A wave of nervousness flowed through me and I quickly stood, taking steps towards the locked door.

     I didn't need to prepare.

"I'm ready." I said through the wood.