The Second Reunion

I stirred in my sleep as a mix of different voices slowly entered my hazy mind. I could just barely make out a woman's voice... and another one that somehow caught more of my attention. A melodic male voice, laced with the sound of taunting.

"....can't be here...!" The female voice said.

That musical male voice replied, "She can, she can! He won't know..."

"You think he doesn't already sense that his Queen is on his soil once again?" The woman's voice scolded the other.

         The voices slowly became clearer in my mind as I began to wake up from my deep sleep. The male voice stood out to me somehow. It strangely made me think of trouble and mischief.

Trouble....

And mischief...

          My eyes immediately popped open.

         "Ny-ell!" I blurted out before my mind had even finished waking up properly.

          I sat up from my position on the couch, looking around. Right away, I was met with several sets of eyes staring back at me.

          "Oh look, the human really is alive." A bored voice spoke.

           "Kitty Cat!" The fairy cried out as he launched himself onto me in what I think was an embrace. His dark and messy hair tickled me as he pulled me closer to him, and I smiled.

           "Lovely to see you once again, Annabella." A feminine voice spoke slowly.

            I looked over Ny-ell's shoulder to see who had spoken. "Natasha!" I exclaimed.

         The beautiful Vampire simply grinned leisurely as she crossed her long and thin arms, observing us.

          Clarence sat in a large chair the very back of the room, watching the scene unfold with blank eyes. Natasha and Ny-ell were closest to me, and Joshua and another female Vampire were off to the side.

           I wrapped my arms around my friend tightly. Oh, how I missed him! Despite the fact that he kidnapped me and practically held me hostage in another realm!

           "Ooooh, my precious Kitten has come back to me!" Ny-ell pulled away slightly to glance at Natasha from over his shoulder, "I knew she would, she's obsessed with me."

         "Technically, she came back to me." Natasha commented.

           The fairy ignored her and turned his attention back to me with a grimace, "Kitty Cat, you truly smell just awful. What have you been up to, hm? Did you go on an adventure without me?"

            I smiled brightly at him, simply to relieved to see a familiar face. "So much has happened, Ny-ell! So many bizarre things! That darned charm you put on me has caused so much trouble!" I told him exasperated.

             He grinned widely at that, "Oh, dear. Shall I take it off you then?"

My eyes widened, "You can do that?!"

He shrugged, still holding me close. "Of course, I can. I'm amazingly powerful." He said simply.

            "You're very brave, Annabella." Natasha spoke as she inched closer to us. Her black hair was draped over her thin shoulders, making her appear dark and mysterious. "Coming to the home of several Vampires alone and unguarded. I was shocked my dear brother did not eat you."