The Preparation

The two weeks until the Cella Ball went by quickly. I spent that time reassuring my concerned family that everything was fine. Well, I wasn't fine, not at all, but they didn't need to know that. I didn't want them to worry.

           I had been able to keep my family's spirits high and concern free, for the most part. And that made me happy.

           Anthony sat with me on the couch once he had returned from work at the Pack House. "You excited for the Ball? It's tomorrow." He observed.

           I smiled brightly, thinking on the positive side. "Sure. I'm kind of looking forward to finding a gown today." I said honestly.

           Anthony gazed at me with a rare serious expression. "What about going to stay at Aunt Kris's right after?"

           I shrugged, "I guess it will be nice to see them. Honestly, I'll be anxious to come home but I'll do it to calm Dad down." I playfully rolled my eyes.

            My brother nodded his head. "Right.. right."

           My brothers had been doing this a lot, asking endless questions on how I feel about the upcoming events. Honestly, I think they're looking for reassurance from me. They get worried, which turns into amplified werewolf anger, which leads to them coming to me for that reassurance - that everything will be fine.

           Which it will.

            My phone chimed and I opened it. "Oh, Mia's here to pick me up." I smiled and stood.

            I went to the door and grabbed my jacket.

            "Keep your phone on you, Bellabee." Anthony reminded me, as always.

            Before I could respond, Alex's voice carried out loudly from his office upstairs, "Take a jacket!"

            I rolled my eyes at them with an "Okay!" and hopped out the door.

            I went to her car waiting out front and plopped myself in the passenger seat. Mia's short blonde curls bounced as she gave me a side hug, speaking into her phone.

            "Adam, sweetie, you're being a little psychotic here. We will be fine, Goddess above." She said into the phone and rolled her eyes at me.

            I laughed as I listened to her respond with repetitive "Yeah"s, "Okay"s, and "I know!"s.

             Finally, she hung up and sighed dramatically. "Ugh! Men! Mates!" She turned to me with a smile, "Be happy you haven't found yours yet, bunch of possessive cavemen.".

            I smiled at her words. It was sweet that she wanted me to believe I'd ever find my mate, pretending that humans even have mates.

            "Ready to go find a dress? I can't believe you waited til the last day!" Mia smiled.

            I nodded, "I know, I know. Let's go!"

            Three stores, two hours, and seven dresses later, Mia handed me another luxurious dress through the thick curtain.

             The store we were in was top-notch and very formal. But the high-end shopping was necessary, it was for the elite Cella Ball after all. The Luna of our pack, Maria, reminded me that in a way, I'd be representing our Pack.

              Part of me knew that wasn't true, simply due to me being a human. But I certainly felt the love and pride from her through the statement.