The Rescue Plan

Minaya's P.O.V.

We walked for a while, continuing to talk as we went. Otis, who I had learned was a practicing Wizard, wasn't very fond of my Mate. That was quite obvious after a few glares and scoffs from him whenever Alexander spoke.

I couldn't blame the young man. Alex had made an awful mistake that caused trouble for everyone here in Otherland, and in Mainland.

After making the deal with King Speerburn, he put his brothers in danger as well as his father and sister. And all of these new people we had met, Annabella's strange friends, were obviously worried about their Queen.

But we were here to correct Alexander's wrongdoing. And I would stand by his side and help him do so.

"There it is! That's Ny-ell's home." J'Mara said with a smile, pointing ahead of us.

I stared at the large cottage in the distance. It was charming, and looked lively. It was a busy and homey looking place, with smoke coming from the chimney and warm lights bleeding through the curtains from inside.

"Ny-ell is the Fairy, right?" I asked her.

         She nodded excitedly. "Yep!" She grabbed hold of her sister, "Let's go tell them we found some Werewolves!"

        The twins ran ahead and Otis hurried after them. Natasha remained with us, slowly walking up the path to the Cottage door.

         As we slowly began to enter, the Vampire spoke. "I've been watching your family's arrival closely. Let them express their anger, wolf. Hear out their side as well."

         Alex looked at her before nodding slowly. "I will." He gripped my hand and tugged me along as we went inside.

         There, Otis was already speaking to someone. "We d-didn't find h-her." His voice carried through the halls.

         A deep, angry voice replied. "What the hell! Why can't we find her? Did your damn Portal work or not?!"

        "M-My Portal worked f-fine!" The Wizard replied with a snap. "J-Just..."

         We walked around the corner, joining everyone in the large, cluttered living room. Various pairs of eyes fell on us in surprise, shock, and anger.

        Otis finished his sentence, "The P-Portal worked b-but... Someone else c-came through..."

         "Motherfucker." A man spat, darting towards Alexander. Another man, a shorter one, shot up from his seat and pulled the other back from my Mate.

         "Are you kidding me?! Are you fucking kidding me?" The man shouted. "After all you've done? You have the balls to come here?!"

          Alexander stared at the ground with hard eyes, clearly effected by the man's words. I squeezed his hand and held his arm tightly.

         "Adam. Just sit." The shorter one said in a tired voice. "Let's all just sit."

        "Fuck sitting." Adam spat out. "Our little sister is still with that prick of a King-" His wolf eyes shot to Alex, "-Fucking because of you!"