The Letter

I placed the plate of pancakes onto the kitchen table, smiling to myself. The berries, cream, and syrup sat on the table as well, waiting to be eaten. My father's favorite meal was fresh and ready to go.

Wiping my hands on my apron, I sighed happily. Dad's going to love the surprise. Well, he loved any surprise if it involved food. Darn Werewolves practically inhale any food in sight.

I untied my hair, hung up my apron, and walked to my Dad's bedroom door. My heels clicked on the dark marble floor as I went, practically announcing my presence.

"Daddy?" I knocked on his door.

A groan sounded on the other side, "A moment, Bella." I smiled at his familiar morning laziness, "I'll be down in a moment."

I grinned and hurried back to the kitchen. There, I saw my brothers picking at our Father's birthday breakfast.

"Hey!" I scolded.

Adam easily caught the washcloth I threw at him and Alexander smiled, stealing a strawberry off the plate. Anthony frowned in confusion, "Pancakes?"

"Dad's favorite! It's his birthday, remember?" I grinned, "Your plates are in the fridge."

Alex, my oldest brother, chuckled and kissed my head as he passed me on his way to the fridge, "You're too good to us, Annabella Grace."

Adam scarfed down his plate as he stood in the doorway, "Thanks, Bells."

Anthony loudly announced that he's going sugar free. "It's for my poor skin! I can't handle sugar anymore." He sighed, examining his face in the glass of the microwave.

Adam rolled his eyes and I laughed. Anthony snapped his head towards us in a playful manner, "You think these blackheads are funny, Bella Grace?"

            I swallowed my laugh as much as I could, "Oh no, never." I smiled.

           The teasing continued on as we ate, waiting for our Dad. Alexander and Adam talked about Pack related things, while Anthony and I bickered over who's going to win The Voice.

          I loved mornings like these, surrounded by my brothers and the constant conversation. I loved cooking for them, and I loved listening to their chatter.

          What can I say, I just loved my family.

          A small, small part of me disliked that Adam had found his mate. But it was only because he'd be leaving our large home and moving into a new house with Mia. And Mia was absolutely wonderful, her amazing personality made it very hard to be bitter about him leaving.

          "So next week?" Alex asked Adam with a grin.

           He nodded, "Yeah. It's the house I showed ya yesterday, only a 3 minute run."

           I frowned and hugged him from behind as he sat at the table, making him choke on his orange juice.

          He coughed loudly, making Anthony laugh, "Oh, come on Annabella. It's 3 minutes!" He said with his famous Adam scowl.

         "For speedy Werewolves! Im the only human! And I can't drive." I muttered into his shoulder.

           Adam frowned, "And that's your own fault. You're 17, learn to drive."

          "Adam!" I groaned at his harshness.

          He sighed lightly, "Okay, okay. It's a 20 minute walk, tops. Have Alex drive you. Or this idiot." He gestured to Anthony, who looked up.