Chapter 7: The storm

Lauren's P.o.v.

Me and Niall had made ourselves comfortable on the couch, talking and laughing away the time. The storm could come out any minute now and I still wasn't relaxed. I was happy Niall wanted to stay. "Niall?" I ask as hes stuffed his face with some chips. "Yes?" He mumbled as he looked up. "Thank you for staying here with me, you must think I'm such a scardy cat." I said as I looked at the ground. "Awh Lauren, it's nothing love. Lots of people are scared of storms, it's pretty normal you know." He smiled as he wiped his hand off on his jeans. "Gross! That's like the fifth time you've done that already." I laughed as Niall glared at me. "Well if you rather have me wipe it off on your seat ..." "NO, DONT YOU DARE HORAN." He chuckled and retrieved his hands.

'BOOM'

The thunder started rumbeling and I whimpered into the couch. I hated storms so hard, they scare me so damn much. "Lauren relax I'm here." He said as he hugged me tight. I nuzzled into his shoulder and closed to my eyes.

~Flashback~

"Close your eyes and count the seconds love. It'll help I promise." My dad chuckled as he held me close. "Promise?" I said in a weak voice. "Pinky promise." My dad smiled as he pulled me into his chest. "Were here for you Lauren, the thunder wont get you. You're safe with us, you'll always be safe with us." My mum whispered as she stroked my head. "I love you mum." I whispered as I pulled her closer. "Love you to baby girl, now close your eyes and go to sleep.

~Flashback over.~

My eyes shot open as I heard a soft whimper from far away. POOCHY. I shot out of Niall's arms and ran up the stairs. I opened the door and Poochy shot through the hallway, down the stairs and into the kitchen. "Poochy wait!" I shouted as I followed the dog. When I came into the kitchen, horror struck.

The door was open and Poochy was nowhere in sight. Niall walked in adn I remembered him being the one who should've closed the door. "YOU DIDN'T CLOSE THE FUCKING DOOR!?" I yelled as I stared outside trying to find a sign of Poochy. Our garden was the biggest part of our property and we had alot off bushes to hide in. "Lauren I'm sorry I-" "SAVE IT! My baby is outside IN THE STORM, terrified as hell and it's all YOUR FAULT." I hissed as I grabbed my coat. "Lauren you can't go out there!" He said as he grabbed my wrist. "LET GO OFF ME, SHE NEED ME." I cried as I ran outside. Poochy was like my everything, I can't let her go through this, not alone.

~Flashback~

"Ashley you need to come back!" My dad shouted as my mom walked out off the door, into the pouring rain. "IM NOT LETTING IT GO THROUGH THIS ALONE." She growled as she walked to the helpless puppy on the street. "Mum! The thunder will get you!" I cried as I hugged my dads leg. "Ashley don't be silly, it's probably sick already! Come back!" My dad shouted as another flash filled the air. "Mummy I'll save you!" I cried as I ran out the door in my Pj's. "Lauren!" My dad shouted as he followed close behind. My mum turned around and was about to turn around when she got hit by something, a car." MUMMY!" "ASHLEY!" My dad shouted as he ran towards her lifeless body. Another flash filled the air. I cried, the thunder got her! "Lauren go inside!" My dad ordered as he called someone. My mum her head turned to me and for a second I saw her mouthing 'I love you.'

~Flashback over~

That's why I hated storms somuch, my mum nearly died that night. She stayed in coma for months and we were about to give up on her,, Thank god we didn't. I was about 6 years old, I couldn't live without my mum. Just as my mum I'm stubborn and I won't ever let my Poochy baby go through this,, I know how scared she is from storms as she usually is at my side every minute.

"Poochy! Poochy!" I yelled as I looked through one of the bushes. A blinding flash came down and a soft whimper was heard from in the distance. "Poochy!" I screamed as I kept searching around. I saw something moving in the distance. I ran towards it and there was my poochy, shaking and whimpering in a small bush. I picked her up and walked back to the house. Lightning struck a tree not far from mee and thunder rumbled in the sky. "Aaaaah." I screamed as I protected my Poochy. "LAUREN!" Someone yelles. I was pushed on the ground and covered by a body as a big tree branch fell down on us. "It's okay I'm here, I'll always be here." Niall whispered as he hugged me closely with one arm and pushed off the branch with his other.

We stood up and I held onto him. "Sssh, it's alright Lauren. It's over." Niall said as he lifted up my chin. I stared adoringly in his beautiful eyes. We both started leaning in but another lighting bolt shot through the air, causing Poochy to whimper and me to freeze. "Let's go inside." Niall said as we walked to our house. Shivering in his arms I followed, hugging Poochy close to me.

__________________________________________

I'm inside now, Niall's busy making me some hot chocolate as he insisted on making some. My hair was wet, my nose was dripping and my whole body was shaking. I was drying off Poochy when Niall came back in with 2 cups of Hot chocolate. He groaned and stretched his arms, the branch must've hurt him real bad. I lett go of Poochy and took a cup from his hands. Niall sat next to me and I hugged myself into his chest. He groaned at first, probably of pain, but put his arm around me quickly after. "I'm sorry for blaming you." I whispered as I sipped from my coco. "It was my fault so You don't have to apologize love." He smiled as he gave my head a kiss. "Thanks for saving us, That branch would've crushed me." He looked at me with loving eyes, wait what? "I'll always save you Lauren, always." He whispered as he put down his now empty cup. I followed his actions and crawled back into his chest, wrapped my blanket around us. "Night Niall." "Night love."

I felt so comfortable in his arms, this is how I would want everything to be. Niall's amazing and I couldn't off dreamed of a better friend.  But something in me wanted more. Something told me there was more than 'just friends' between us. Why was I thinking this. Because you fell inlove stupid.

_________________________________________________________

Awwwh, her consionce joined the story at the end :) So you liked this chapter? I hope you did ;d

3 votes

&

2 comments ;)

~A.<3