Chapter 20: Hi Boss

Delilah

By the time we returned to the compound the air was light with joy and obvious intoxication. "Deludimi Donte. Sei cosi noioso."  Ariannas whines carry into the foyer as she's slung over Donte's broad shoulder. 

"Hush Ari- do you want us to get caught." Donte lightly swats her ass in response. I grin from my perched position on Antonios back, my head resting on his shoulder.

"To the kitchen!" I whisper-shout swinging my legs which are held in Toni's arms. I can feel his back shake as he lets out a chuckle and heads in the direction of the kitchen.

As the the two burly men carry Ari and I across the house I can't help but cringe as their loud thumps of steps. Even louder however, are voices carried across the house.

"Shut up!" I whisper slapping Toni's head.

"Ow!" He taps my thigh back in response causing me to grin.

I had one of the best nights I have had in awhile. My small group made quick work on grabbing 2 bottles and climbing into an abandoned old warehouse. From there we sat perched on the roof as we drank and talked about random, unimportant things. Life felt... blissful. There was no stress, no worries, no reason to look over my shoulder, just good company. I didn't want it to end. 

"Uh Oh." Ari giggles as we hear Rome's prominent voice among the random others. 

Their voices seemed to be coming from the living room were we all typically gathered to hang out in a social setting. 

"Avoid, avoid, avoid!" I pull Toni's soft brown hair to the left away from the living room. He winces. 

"God damn Lilah- at least wait till you're in my bed." His teasing voice hits my drunken ears.

My mouth drops open and I swat his arm again. "Toni..." I warn. 

"Antonio is that you?" A voice questions and before my drunken brain can compute who just said that, the living room door opens with a thud.

With my heart pounding, I quickly shove my head into Toni's neck. Yeah, no way they can see me now, I'm hidden for sure. "Delilah?".

I slowly pull my head away from Toni's warm neck to make eye contact with Lorenzo- Rome's father. He's staring at us with pride? No, happiness? What the hell. 

"Donte what the hell have you done to my daughter!" Lorenzo snaps his gaze to a sheepish Donte who is holding a limp Ari, snoring peacefully on his shoulder. Shit she's gonna be in for a rude awakening. 

"Just making sure she gets to bed okay sir." Donte has his no nonsense voice on, seeming like the perfect little mafia man in front of Lorenzo. It wasn't fair truly. Donte and Toni drank just as much as us, if not more. But they were obviously way less affected- fucking alcoholics. 

"Fucking take her." Lorenzo scowls but Donte quickly turns with quick steps. Before Toni can follow Lorenzo halts us with a raised hand. 

"Antonio come join us. You as well Delilah." Lorenzo turns leaving no room for conversation as he enters the-still bustling with noise-dinning room. 

"Fuck" I whisper hopping down from Toni's back and immediately stumbling. Toni catches my arm pulling me against him. He looks down at me his eyebrows furrowed in worry. 

"Are you going to be okay." He questions looking for my answer in my eyes. 

I nod fixing my hair before looking at him with a grin. "Just don't let me fall.". "Never." He brushes my hair back before taking my hand. 

"You ready to play the part?" He taunts. 

"Of course." I lace our fingers together letting him lead us into the room.