33

A couple bus rides. Multiple cab rides. A couple flights. Tons of missed calls and texts.Many hours later.

Then she was in London.

Harry drove to the airport, ready to pick her up, and he got permission from Kendall to have Delilah over to his apartment later so she could meet Claire..

And when Claire walked down the escalator, already carrying her bag, Harry's eyes lit up and his smile was wider than ever

She was mad at him for leaving and not telling her in person.. but she loved him. She couldn't stay mad. Plus, she was there now, with him..

so she ran down the last steps of the escalator.. and into his arms

"HARRY" she shouted as she jumped

He caught her and spun

"It's really you.. Oh my god, Claire" he mumbled into her neck

She set her feet on the ground and leaned back to stare into his eyes

"Wow.. you haven't really changed" she giggled

He smiled and nodded

"You have though.. I love your hair."

"Thank you.. It was a random decision I made when I was sad. But it made me feel better"

The car ride to Harry's house consisted of him telling her all about Dee and Kendall and his apartment, her telling him about her friends and how her mother deeply offended her, and them saying how they missed each other.. and of course, Harry apologized again but she shushed him and said it was fine and she was glad to be around him again

At his apartment, she settled on the couch while he made tea. She'd never had British tea.

He brought her a cup with a little milk and two sugars.. and she loved it.

"So.. how are you? I mean.. I know you said in the car that you're okay but.." Harry stumbled over his words, not wanting to say the wrong thing

"I'm.. yeah, I'm okay. Mom really upset me and I think.. Honestly, I think I just needed out of LA for a while. There's too many memories there. and... I kinda feel bad for just throwing this on you. You have a daughter to worry about.."

"Don't be sorrr about coming here. I told you to. And you're not gonna be a bother, Delilah will love you. And... I'll love having you around... Claire? You know I never wanted to leave, right? I mean.. I wanted to see my daughter.. But I couldn't stand just leaving us"

"I completely understand.. I mean, I wish you would've told me before you left but.. I  get it."

He moved forward slowly and brushed her hair behind her ear. She looked at his lips, then his eyes, and he raised his eyebrows a little to ask for permission.

She nodded ever so slightly and he sealed the gap between them by pressing his lips to hers gently.

She shut her eyes and kissed back just as cautiously.

When they pulled away, she whispered "I'm sorry"

"What?" he asked, confused

"I held you back. I kept you in LA when you had things to tend to here.. I'm sorry"

"I chose to stay.. then I chose the time to leave. But here we are, okay? We're okay"

"Are we... we again?" she asked, scared of the answer

"If.. If you want to be, yeah. but.. we don't have to be. I want you to be completely comfortable, Claire"

"I am"

"I am too" he nodded

"So.."

"Will you be my girlfriend?" he asked with a soft laugh

"Hmm. I'll think about it" she joked

After a silent second, she said "Thought about it. Definitely yes"

When Kendall knocked on the door, she was holding her breath, worried to see Harry and his girlfriend. In all honestly, she still liked Harry.. When they were best friends, they decided to sleep together for no reason but why not? But she ended up liking him.. and they had sex a couple of times when they were bored and no one else was around.. and she ended up pregnant. 

Now he's with someone he actually cares about deeply, and she knows that, but she still feels a little sad about the whole thing.

But she kept her smile on when Harry opened the door and greeted her with a friendly hug.

"Hey, Ken! How's my girls?" he asked happily

"She's asleep in her stroller, and I'm just great, thanks. Is she here? did her flight make it in time?"

"Yes, Claire is in the kitchen. Here, come in"

Harry parked the trolly with the sleeping toddler in the livingroom by the couch then took Kendall to the kitchen where Claire was making drinks- Not alcoholic drinks, but tea and coffee.

"Hey, Claire? This is Kendall. Kendall, meet Claire" Harry announced

Claire turned from the kettle and smiled.. but she was surprised.

Kendall was the complete opposite of her. Stunning, perfectly sculpted, didn't need makeup to be gorgeous, long dark hair, and a nice outfit.

"H-hi. It's so nice to meet you. Finally, I've.. I've heard lots" Claire stuttered a little and went to shake Kendall's hand

- -

Kendall almost froze as she seen Claire. 'Beautiful 'she thought. She looked at Claire's casual but drop dead perfect outfit, colored hair, natural features.. and she was jealous.

"Yeah, great to meet you. Harry talked loads about you"

"Oh, really? All good things I hope"

"Of course, love" Harry responded

Kendall's heart panged in her chest with a small hint of jealousy for the nickname Harry called Claire

not herself

"Delilah is asleep but she should wake up soon since the trolly isn't moving" Harry explained quickly

"Oh, alright. I'm so excited to meet her" Claire giggled

Kendall envied her laugh.

Kendall smiled and said, "She'll love you"

Claire was amazing at how straight Ken's teeth were. She was so jealous and started to feel a little self consciou. She close-mouth smiled and nodded, now worried about her teeth and how they looked compared to Kendall's.