6

Still flustered and trying to forget, she left the Detention Room in a hurry and didn't even notice Luke's car driving slowly beside her until he honked. She looked over quickly, scared, and sighed when she recognized the vehicle.

She knew he wouldn't stop following her so she walked over and the passenger side window rolled down.

It was just Luke in the car. 

"Hey, love. Need a ride?"

"No"

"The wind chill could make you sick. It's already turning your nose pink"

"I'm fine."

"Claire. Get in. I'll take you wherever you're going, won't try anything.. promise"

Her fingers and nose were getting cold... and even though she knew better, she got in the car

"To Eleanor's."

"Of course"

After a few silent minutes, he asked, "You still love me?"

"No. I stopped loving you the second I seen you balls deep in Hailey McTraugh"

"That was a misunderstanting, Claire"

"Yes, you stuck your dick in her by accident. You must've thought she was the other girl you were seeing, who was it? Taylor Freed or the other one, Sarah White?"

"Okay.. So I made mistakes"

"Too many to be forgiven, Luke"

"just know... I still love you"

He stopped the car outside Eleanor's house and she looked over at him for a second

"Don't" was all she told him, in the most bitter voice she could handle, then she got out and hurried up to the front door of the Calder household 

Eleanor's mom let Claire in then told her that El was upstairs. 

As soon as Claire got to El's room, she broke down. She cried about her first relationship failing and making her feel like she could never love or be loved again, she told Eleanor how Luke was still playing with her, and she talked about how Harry Styles was flirting with her and she hated it.

Eventually, she calmed down and the two decided just to do their nails and watch a movie.

Claire stayed the night at Eleanor's and borrowed some of the older girl's clothes in the morning... which was.. different. She normally wears jeans with no rips, a t-shirt, and a jacket or hoodie.. but now.. She was wearing Eleanor's clothes..

"You look nice! Not

"You look nice! Not.. boring" Eleanor promised

"I don't look like me" Claire countered

"Exactly! Not BORING"

Claire rolled her eyes and looked in the mirror again before rolling her eyes and turning back to a very hopeful Eleanor

"Fine" she sighed

"Fine? You'll wear it?" the older one asked, shocked

"Yes, whatever. Let's just go"