Chapter 44

Anderson Grant

"Come downstairs." I say into the phone before disconnecting the call.

I leaned back into the seat of my car as I waited. The time on the dashboard read 10:23 pm, it was late at night and I really just want to be home with my woman. I blew out a breath, trying to keep myself calm as images of Shan's face kept flashing in my mind.

Her cheek was bruised purple and looked painful. Mi mother really box Shanique to raas.

All my life she has never put her hand on me, no matter what fuckery mi gwaan with. Why all of a sudden she turn violent when it comes to my woman? She hates her that much?

All the one Shanique too, a gwaan like she a peacemaker. Weh she tek up herself gone have meeting like she waah mek peace treaty. If mi seh wi nah fi deal with who nuh approve a we relationship, we nuh affi deal with them. Mi nuh care a who.

Pulling out of the apartment I had all intentions of going up to my parents house. However, the more I thought about it, the more it became clear that I was wasting my time. My mother nah go see her faults and my dad will only make excuses for her.

Additionally, mi well dark right now and if mi go over there mi ago box her back. Her jaw might bruck. Pops woman nuh stop test mi faith and is like, to her this is a game.

Mi a draw blank on what me really supposed to do.

This is suppose to be a happy time now in a we life as Shawntel due any day now and me and Shan trip coming up soon. How she ago tek any sexy pics fi post to the gram with her face swell up like bullfrog?

I sucked ny teeth once more feeling my temper rising. Mommy use the strength of Thor fi box Shanique to fuck. All now mi in disbelief.

If mi press charges pon her now yuh ago hear seh mi wicked. Them nah go see how she wicked fi box mi wife. Wah Shanique could have really said that mek she deserve that? Nothing comes to mine.

Picking up my phone it texted Pops. Mi really cya standby and watch him woman hurt my heartbeat them way and dem nuh feel my anger.

Pops

Mi ago fuck up yuh wife.

What has she done now?

I was about to respond when my passenger door opens, causing the overhead light to come on. CJ hops in and slams the door, before looking over at me with a bit of concern.

"Why yuh have the glock on your lap like that? Who we ago page?" He asks, grinning.

Cj nuh tek nothing serious.

I'm not in a joking mood.

"Pops wife put her hand on Shanique." I say gripping the steering wheel.

His mouth formed an O but no words came out. Him in a disbelief. 

"Dawg, yuh waah see Shanique face yo. And she done red from morning. The five fucking fingers them welt up pon her jaw. Fuck man." I screamed, hitting the steering wheel hard, making CJ jump at the noise.

"Weh Shan a seh? How she and Aunty even meet up fi that gwaan?" He asked me.

"Nuh fucking Shanique man! A gwaan like she a fucking mediator, bout she waah mi and mi mother have relationship. Well the chances of that jus crash and fucking burn because a dead she dead to mi right now." I seethed.

Shanique nuh walk and trouble people and my mother have it in her mind fi torment the girl from day one. Mi nah seh nothing though, she soon get wah a come to her.